“studio 6 charlotte NC- YUCK!”

Studio 6 Charlotte Airport
Ranked #129 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte NC
“studio 6 charlotte NC- YUCK!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

As soon as we got the key to the room, I could tell we were in trouble. Open the door and get hit in the face with the mildew smell. The next day we discovered the leaking air conditioner. Was promised that it would be looked at by 9am the following morning. At 5 PM the next day, I was down at the front desk. A guy showed up a few minutes later and works on the AC and takes care of the leak but not the smell. Can you say sick? Internet? get ready to pay 5.00 for a week of crappy internet that is only good for one device. YUP- one device! Speed was less that 04 m per second. Skyping someone> forget it! The maids didn't speak english and were generally nasty!
Fridge was a mess with water everywhere. Beds sucked! We won't even talk about the air port very close by and the constant pan handling in this area. In other words- pay alittle more and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't go here! Smoking floors upstairs-
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ncbeachkitty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sedro Woolley, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Check-in unknowing to me they require cash security deposit of $100, when paying with cash. Bedding was poor, kitchen floor had dirt grime and could not make free local calls from my room. Reception was rude and none responsive.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank nobyclark4865
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

This place is a dump. There was a security guard in the parking lot when we arrived and he told us the office was closed.We had to call someone to get a key. It looked like a place where the locals stay. The room had an awful smell. The AC unit had some kind of pink slime in it. The sheets looked like they had not been changed. There was dust and cobwebs in all of the corners. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Krustin40
Birmingham, AL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

I had previously stayed here for a couple of weeks in 2007 while on business and that is why I came back to this same motel. The motel is conveniently located for my work, it came with a suitable equipped kitchenette and was budget priced for weekly stays. My room was clean, housekeeping was very good, the laundry was very affordable and the motel is located within walking distance of several restaurants. Interstate on off is excellent. However, during my 6 day stay the toilet became clogged on three occassions. Shower and sinks drained fine but the toilet was a problem Each time I reported the problem the issue was corrected prior to me returning to the room in the afternoon. When the toilet stopped up again on Saturday morning I was told no maintenance personnel would be available until Monday. The front desk clerk did offer me another room on the 2nd floor but I told her that was not a good solution because of the amount of equipment I travel with. I decided that since it would take me nearly an hour to pack and move upstairs, I might as well look for another motel in the same area as there were several available. I found another motel 300 yards away with a ground floor room and I could even park my vehicle in front of the room and a complimentary breakfast was included. My AT&T phone coverage was virtually none existent at the Studio 6 and I often had to go outside to insure good phone connections. Internet was very slow, but adequate for my needs. I think if the Studio 6 clerk had offered to help me move my belongings upstairs or even discounted my room slightly, I probably would have stayed for the second week. That said, I'm very happy with my new motel and will probably stay here on future business or while traveling through North Carolina.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeffreya
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

First of all let me start by saying I stayed at this hotel because I was in town for the Thanksgiving holiday to spend with my family and the rate was cheap. I was suppose to stay two nights, I checked in on 11/22/12 and checked out 11/23/12 because there were roaches in the room when we returned back to the room after spending time with the family. Then I started noticing other things wrong with the room, stains on the curtains, a big hole in the screen of the window and stains on the boxsprings that look like dried up blood. There were people living there with there pets which can cause some issue with the cleaniness of the hotel. The desk staff were great but the room was very nasty and I felt uncomfortable. I was able to get a full refund because of the problems that I listed above. I recommend whenever the price is cheap check the room real good before you decide to stay. I was very unhappy and would not stay at this hotel again.
Mrs. W R

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hope597
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Very Nasty people there. Beware of the manager he is terrible.He Called the cops as I cleared it with him. He is not a good manager. I didn't do anything wrong just wanted my belongs out the room he refuse to let me get my stuff and said I had to pay. So I called corporate and they said he was not allowed to do that. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Veggieboi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

This hotel is nasty, and thats put in a nice way. I was in room 258, after being inside no more then 2 hours , turning the air off up pop MENY roachs ,i video tape them crawling over my things and up the walls, they told me i could'nt get a refund, cause we checked in after 5, that they would move us. AND they did! @ 8pm to room 338 we were so tired and upset we just went on to bed after making sure there was no bugs.,next day @ 9am ,we found that the toilet didnt work :-0 & the office did not open til 12 noon checkout time. wow!! got us good. just because a room is a few bucks cheaper doesnt mean i want to lay with bugs or take them home. I will NEVER stay here again!!! worst thing ever happen to me.

• Stayed September 2011