“Fresh Ingredients, Delicious Food, Challenging Timing for Food Arrival”
Review of Vapiano Charlotte

Vapiano Charlotte
Ranked #140 of 2,390 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Third Ward
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Fresh Ingredients, Delicious Food, Challenging Timing for Food Arrival”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was my families 4th trip to Vapiano (my first review). The food is great...extremely fresh ingredients, great taste, good portion size and a reasonable price. Only one things that makes it a little challenge...timing of food arrival. Since it is an upscale cafeteria style you order different categories of food (ie. Pizza, Salad, Pasta) from separate stations. The food types take different times to cook but that is not a big issue. The main cause of the problem is if one station has a longer line than another. Here is how it worked yesterday...I ordered 3 pasta dishes then went over to the pizza/panini station. I had to wait several minutes for the 2 groups in line to order then it was my turn. A few minutes after that the pasta was done so 3 out of 4 people started eating. Several minutes latter my panini was done so I started on my meal. It is a little frustrating to not eat as a family when you are out as a family.

• Visited April 2014

Texas City, Texas
“Unique”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This place is so unique and so delicious. Great food. Try it.
We had a delicious pizza. I had potato soup. My daughter had tomato soup. My husband had pasta in a delicious sauce. The pizza was simple but very tasty. The atmosphere was so different but fantastic.

• Visited March 2014
Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States
“Great Pasta”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We ate there before a Bobcats game. Never being there before and the self-service option, we were pleasantly suprised. After living in Italy for 3 years, this was the best Carbonara I have had since I left and the bread was just like the bread bought from the street vendors in Naples. My son had a pizza and said it was wonderful. Great atmosphere, great staff and great food. The price for a family of 4 of was reasonable for great food. Can't wait for them to open one near us.

• Visited March 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Best pizza ever - even better than Italy”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were in Charlotte because of a flight cancelation. Imagine our delight to find such a great restaurant that soothed more than our hunger. If you are a cleanliness 'expert', you'll love being able to see preparation at every stage. We had salad and two very different pizzas. It's a few days later and I'm really longing for just another slice, please. The salad was as it should be.

We came back the same day for a drink, and it took all of our willpower not to order more food, but we had enjoyed so much that it would have been ridiculous. People watching there is great.

I will say that I should have asked the price of the alcohol I chose. It was high enough that I would have chosen something else. That's on me, though.

• Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Made to order Italian in a trendy environment”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Excellent! Beautiful atmosphere with warm colors, open spaces and greenery - modern flare. Seating is varied with 4 top tables, casual groupings, high top and bar top seating options to suit all group types. Chef stations allow you to choose made to order entrees prepared in front of you with traditional and novel ingredients. Pricing is a little on the higher side for lunch, but you will be very full Soups $4, Appetizers $7, Entrees (pastas, salads with meat, pizza, paninis) $10-12. You charge your orders at each station as you order, eat and then settle up on your card as you leave. The Tuscan noodle soup was hearty and loaded with chicken. The spinach ravioli outstanding and filling. They will combine/customize sauces upon request. I would suggest fountain rather than bottled drinks as the bottled sodas are the smaller type. The service was very good - friendly and helpful. Suitable for work, fun and celebrations. This is definitely a place I will return to when in Charlotte!

• Visited January 2014