“Cute place, has potential, sushi buffet a very bad joke.”
Review of My Bento

My Bento
Ranked #1,736 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Place is small and cozy. My GF and I had the "sushi" buffet. Most were rolled maki sushi that contained little or no real fish. I do not count krab stix as fish by the way. All of the rolls contained a combination of one or more of the following; fake krab stick, cream cheese, small diced shirmp, tempura flakes, cucumber, small salmon sliver, cooked chicken. There were a few nigiri peices but the fish was so small I skipped it. Most of the maki rolls were slathered in some sort of sauce; coconut, sweet glaze, chili mayo, etc. hiding the lack of authentic sushi contents (fish / avocado / etc).

The boba teas were good, also the lo mein was decent on the buffet. The miso soup was bland and tasted like a wet dog smells, kinda musty and metallic-ish.

I've heard the actual menu items are decent, I may give that one more try later on.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This place is a popular favorite amongst the college students. They have an all you can eat sushi bar and a menu with great prices. UNCC students bring in your student id for a discount. Love eatting here with friends can't wait to go back.

1  Thank crudd49
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This little asian diner has become a favorite of ours! The staff recognizes us, if that gives you any indication. :)

My Bento has a popular, extensive, all-you-can-eat sushi bar ($8.75, last I checked), if you are into that. I'm not. I like their bento meals, which are served in partitioned, lacquered trays and include your choice of meat, sauce and style; rice or noodles; small tossed salad; egg roll; and a little dessert cake. All this for less than $7! There's lots more on the menu that I have yet to try: I have been addicted to the excellent sesame chicken for awhile now, so it's hard to give that up to try something new.

Staff is asian as are many of the patrons, so I feel it's authentic. My son (who spent a year in Japan) agrees.

Been to My Bento? Share your experiences!