“Items disappeared”

Ranked #59 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Items disappeared”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here Tuesday 10/22/13. I checked out Wednesday morning. I somehow forgot to take with me a small pile that consisted of a pillow and a Kindle. I realized this within a couple of hours and called the hotel to tell them I would pick the items up upon my return trip through Charlotte on Thursday evening. Hotel reports no such items found in any room.

I am 100% sure they were in the room and are now not in my possession. Housekeeping did not turn them in and management seemed loathe to insult its staff by asking uncomfortable questions.

While I made an error in leaving the items, they did not immediately become abandoned property destined for Ebay.

Even though this is convenient to where my daughter goes to college, I will never stay in this hotel again, ever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
There is nothing more frustrating then losing personal items and equally nothing more insulting then being accused of taking something when you didn't. And this made for an uncomfortable situation for all parties. We have had the pleasure of working with the same housekeeping team for many years, and we value their honesty and loyalty to the hotel and its guests as much as we value your pleasure at our hotel. Being an Airport hotel, travelers often leave valuable items behind in a rush to catch their flights and we have an amazing record of returning these items. Our hotel will continue to look for these items and you will be the first person we contact in regards to this. We also request that you continue to retrace your tracks in the hopes of a safe return of your valuables. We will certainly miss your business and will continue to uncover a way to re-establish your trust.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Location does not feel safe. No decent dining close by. Problems with water pressure in toilet, room smelled like cat and the bed linens smelled like Grandma's BenGay. Staff nice shuttle to airport is convenient. In room safe, microwave and fridge is convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Hello and thank you for your review...Our property prides itself in its safety as does the many hotels on our exit. We have not received reports to our water pressure but we will make a point to inquire with our guests. Although we love pets we are not a pet hotel and in regards to the products we wash our linens with, it has always been described by our guests as clean and fresh. Thank you for the nice comments about the staff, amenities and our shuttle to airport.
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#74 of 177 in Charlotte
Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola

Been to Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485

Property: Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Address: 4238 Business Center Dr, I-85 Exit 32 - Little Rock Road, Charlotte, NC 28214-5040
Region: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
#54 Family Hotel in Charlotte
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485 2.5*
Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 - I485 is the perfect launching point from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) as one of the closest hotels to the airport at only 1.4 miles. Begin your pleasures in the heart of Charlotte at only 6 miles. Two complimentary shuttle buses are available for pick up and drop off at the Airport and within a 5 mile radius of our hotel. For your extended travel plans book our Park & Fly for long-term parking and curbside Airport drop off. While staying with us request an Uber and be sure to visit Uptown Charlotte to see our NFC Champions Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium, the Charlotte Hornets at Spectrum Arena/Timewarner Cable Arena a popular basketball and concert venue, or Charlotte's new Charlotte Knights BB&T Stadium. Neighboring the Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 - I485 is the US National Whitewater Center and the infamous Miracle on the Hudson at the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Follow the life of Billy Graham at the Billy Graham Library. For our golf enthusiast you may be excited to know we will soon welcome the country's popular Top Golf complex in early 2017. Families might also enjoy a day at Carowinds Amusement Park, Discovery Place, NASCAR Hall of Fame or Charlotte Motor Speedway. We love our military and support Charlotte's growing Air & Army National Guard, be sure to inquire about our Government rates. Business guests appreciate our multiple meeting spaces, Wyndham Rewards and our proximity to restaurant's within walking distance or availability through our complimentary shuttle service. Our hotel provides free Wi-Fi and our Business Center is open 24 hours. Do not forget as you enjoy these amenities that you are also welcome to enjoy our private Fitness Center and coming early 2017 our new indoor and outdoor lounge complete with Food & Beverage options. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte