“Layover stayover”

Ranked #61 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Horseheads, New York
“Layover stayover”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel itself was very nice, but the front counter staff was less than desirable. Due to bad weather, we missed our flight to Nashville and had to spend the night. Hotel clerk hung up on us when we called for shuttle service, stating, " Shuttle service has ended". click. We took a cab there, and were not impressed with their customer service at all at check in. Hotel room was clean. We only slept 3.5 hours before going back to airport for early flight. Waste of money for that night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
You can have the best hotel and without customer service none of this matters, I apologize in advance for your first impression of the hotel and will be meeting with our staff to address your review in person. I do thank you for the positive comments about the structure and cleanliness of our hotel. I do hope you have found rest and wish you very Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Coppell
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Missed my flight and got the reference to Travelalliance for booking overnight hotels when one misses flights. The shuttle service was quick, clean and nice. The driver was very nice. The hotel seemed fairly new. THe room was clean, comfortable and looked modern. For the price this was a great room and hotel. The front desk person Barry especially was great who lent me his personal phone charger when i accidently broke mine and needed one desperately. Thanks for the great experience. Will stay again anytime.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am sorry you missed your flight however delighted to have the opportunity to host you and entice this kind review. We look forward to welcoming you again
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#75 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485

Property: Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Address: 4238 Business Center Dr, I-85 Exit 32 - Little Rock Road, Charlotte, NC 28214-5040
Region: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
#54 Family Hotel in Charlotte
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485 2.5*
Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 - I485 is the perfect launching point from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) as one of the closest hotels to the airport at only 1.4 miles. Begin your pleasures in the heart of Charlotte at only 6 miles. Two complimentary shuttle buses are available for pick up and drop off at the Airport and within a 5 mile radius of our hotel. For your extended travel plans book our Park & Fly for long-term parking and curbside Airport drop off. While staying with us request an Uber and be sure to visit Uptown Charlotte to see our NFC Champions Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium, the Charlotte Hornets at Spectrum Arena/Timewarner Cable Arena a popular basketball and concert venue, or Charlotte's new Charlotte Knights BB&T Stadium. Neighboring the Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 - I485 is the US National Whitewater Center and the infamous Miracle on the Hudson at the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Follow the life of Billy Graham at the Billy Graham Library. For our golf enthusiast you may be excited to know we will soon welcome the country's popular Top Golf complex in early 2017. Families might also enjoy a day at Carowinds Amusement Park, Discovery Place, NASCAR Hall of Fame or Charlotte Motor Speedway. We love our military and support Charlotte's growing Air & Army National Guard, be sure to inquire about our Government rates. Business guests appreciate our multiple meeting spaces, Wyndham Rewards and our proximity to restaurant's within walking distance or availability through our complimentary shuttle service. Our hotel provides free Wi-Fi and our Business Center is open 24 hours. Do not forget as you enjoy these amenities that you are also welcome to enjoy our private Fitness Center and coming early 2017 our new indoor and outdoor lounge complete with Food & Beverage options. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte