“Just shy of great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485

Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Ranked #52 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The grout in the shower was black and needed to be cleaned. Other than that the room was OK. Breakfast wasn't always ready at 6:30 AM (the posted time).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Humid Carolina Summers! I assure you the shower was clean, our maintenance team is working daily on re-caulking some problem spots. I will personally check in on breakfast and thank you for your review
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business for a couple of nights earlier in the month.
There is a free shuttle from the airport which did not take too long for a pickup once I called. Check in was quick and the lady at the front desk was friendly.

The rooms are large, however, as with all wingates the bathrooms are very small and you can't close the door while on the toilet which is odd. You would think they could have taken some of the bedroom space when designing the room to make the bathroom and acceptable size. The bathroom lighting is also very fluorescent and is super unflattering. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are terrible. Perhaps they had more at the front desk? I didn't inquire. The wifi was an acceptable speed, however, the wingate accept terms and conditions kept on popping up after I had already approved and was trying to get work completed.

The gym is very small and dated and the breakfast is the typical motel free breakfast, with lots of processed foods. There is a food lion within 0.5 miles where you can get your lions share of fruits and veggies. I would probably not venture over there at night though.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Friendly is very important to us but so is recognizing opportunities for improvement. Thank you for your review
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel
Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport South/ I-77 Tyvola
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#74 of 176 in Charlotte
Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport

Been to Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485? Share your experiences!