“Great for families. Not so much for business”

MainStay Suites Charlotte
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 3 October 2012

October 2012
This hotel had the best reviews. It seems primarily geared toward families with kids though. At least this appeared to be the the demographic when I stayed there. In other words I'm saying it was kind of noisy. Other than that the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast, not so hot. Wi-fi signal spotty and weak. All in all though this is a great value if you are in the area for a while and want a cheap, decent place to cook your own food and set up camp. That is if you don't mind little kids being little kids next door. If you're a business traveler, like me, maybe it's not the best choice. I'm going to keep looking for the "perfect" Choice Hotel in this area.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay, we do have a lot of business travelers that stay with us and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. At the time of your stay we were having some issues with our internet service, due to the feedback from our guest we were able to remedy the problem. We would appreciate you giving us another try, we feel that we are the right Choice.

There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Charlotte

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I was very surprised that the hotel was so accommodating. My husband and I traveled late into the night in the pouring rain to get to Charlotte and the front desk attendant even helped carry in our bags! The room was very clean and I was glad that it had a stove and full size fridge and stove! We will definitely be staying again!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. It always helps us to know how are staff exceeds our guest expectations. We look forward to your next visit, please stop by and ask for me, I would love to meet you.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I've saved this hotel as a 'favorite' on my GPS not only because it is pet friendly and very convenient to the interstate but moreover because the rooms are immaculate...no doggy smells...and the staff are genuinely pleasant and accommodating. I like the kitchenette convenience in the rooms and there is a nice selection of frozen snacks and TV dinners in their pantry shop which is quite nice not having to load up again and go to a restaurant after already traveling for hours. On my last stay, I learned the pet weight limit was 50#...which almost was my undoing as one of my two dogs is #80. But, after speaking with the manager he most graciously authorized my reservation and invited me back again...and I will certainly take him up on that!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
MainStayCLT, Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for your gracious feedback, I do remember you and am delighted that you would stay with us again and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope to serve you again real soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed one night during the demconvention. Price was kind of high during that day of convention but the other hotels around it was even higher. It was a very comfortable hotel and was surprised with the accomodation with their suites. It has refrigerator, cooking range and pots and pans if you want to cook in your room. Definitely will recommend this hotel because even the front desk Will was so nice. If we go back to Charlotte north Carolina, we will definitely come back to this hotel. I wish I can stay there for a week more but we have to go back to Florida.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elcoquiprfla

Thank you for your positive feedback, and mentioning Will. We strive to give excellent service and provide clean rooms for our guest. I am so glad that we were able to do that. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Greetings TA family! My recent vacation took me to Charlotte NC 7/17-7/24. Needed a decent comfortable place to stay for a week that had free parking and "suite" like ammenities. MainStay Suites...MORE THAN FIT THE BILL! Everyone frm Mgr." Rene"," Natalie" and house keeping's "Lynn" were friendly, pleasant and accomodating. Continental breakfast was available with the "usual" items and though not elaborate, was fresh and plentiful. There is a decent restaurant just across the parking lot as well. Rm #227 faces the front parking lot (nice to be able to see your car) was as spacious as a studio apt equiped with a queen size (comfortable) bed and full size kitchen. Bathroom was a little small with great water pressure and HOT water (always a plus)! Though the decor was a little dated and "bland", the room was clean and free of those "strange" hotel stains and smells lol. There was a good size flat screen TV with a decent channel line up. Honestly, I feel it was a good value for $62 a night (AAA discount) and I place I would DEFINITELY stay at again! It's about 5miles from the convention center just before the SC border and just a couple of miles from shopping centers and places to eat. No complaints with this stay at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank AJ2634

Thank you so much for your kind words, our staff tries to go above and beyond to make our guest feel comfortable, and I am so glad to hear that they did. We look forward to your next stay in Charlotte. We appreciate you taking your time to let us know.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I needed a room on short notice when every hotel within 10 miles of Charlotte was booked for an event downtown. Mainstay was available and not only did the front desk clerk work her hardest to find a room so I could check in early, but also informed about repair men who were making rounds to fix every a/c unit in the building. And if you have no car, it's right near the Arrowood Lynx station and the 56 bus that takes you to three shopping centers, with a sit-down restaurant and three drive-throughs within walking distance. This is definitely a hotel I'll return to in future visits.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KaHond

We appreciate your great comments, and sharing the convenience of our location with others. Thank you for taking time to share with others. We look forward to seeing you in your future trips to Charlotte.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We started staying here about 5-6 years ago when we travel to Charlotte for the nascar races. We love it here. It is a little away from the track and race shops but not that far. Easy to get to things. Several restaurants and stores close by. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Room prices are very resonable during the races which is also part of why we are back every year. I am already booked for 2013. Good continental breakfast to get you started in the morning. Friendly staff, especially Janet who we met a couple of years ago during one of our stays and we usually see you every year and get to talk to you for a few minutes but unfortunately we somehow missed you this year. Saw you go into the office one day but didn't get to catch up to you. You usually remember us from year to year. I have nothing bad to say. Can't wait to see you's in May 2013. Thank you for your great service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Patti0925

Patti, thank you so much for your comments, we really appreciate it. We look forward to your visit every year and I was sorry that I missed you during your last stay. You can call me personally this year to make your reservation or if I can help you in any way please do not hesitate to call. We look forward to seeing you this May. :)