“Bedtime” 5 of 5 bubbles

MainStay Suites Charlotte
Ranked #96 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
“Bedtime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We really had a nice time! Our kids enjoyed it. It was clean and everyone was so nice to us. Very happy with our experience. Our kitten was very pleased as well. The breakfast was yummy and our space was perfect. The kids enjoyed tv time and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Kjurick
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for your recent compliments about your stay at Mainstay Suites. We appreciate you taking your time to give us your feedback. Our goal is to make our guest feel the comfort of home and to give you a good experience. We hope that in the future trips to Charlotte, you will make a return visit to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

I didn't want to drive back to Greensboro late after a work shop...knowing I would have to turn around and drive back for the next two days....It was late and very dark in a place I had never been before...I found my way to the exit and stopped at several popular hotels only to find the rates were too high for my budget. I pulled in to Main Stay looking for another hotel that I had just passed one street down....I decided to inquire since I was already in the parking lot to turn around to go back to the hotel I had just passed...The young man at the desk was very pleasant as he asked me if I understood that these were suites with cooking and larger rooms. I replied "yes", but was just asking "how much"....Thinking it would be much higher than the other places, I was losing hope of finding a place I felt safe in and could afford....the price he gave me...beat the others on the same street and only blocks apart by 30.00 to 70.00 for a single person, no-smoking suite.....I enjoyed the room and the bar at the kitchen was great for additional work, the room was clean and I was grateful to find the suite for less than a room price....would stay again....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Cecilia S
We are so glad that we were able to accommodate you while you were traveling through Charlotte. We are so happy that you felt safe and that we could help you with your budget .We look forward to your next visit to Charlotte and the MainStay Suites. Thank you for your feed back, it is most helpful.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This property is for the budget conscious, not the business commuter.

I was working in Ballantyne at late notice and all of the area hotels were fully booked.
Based on reviews here, this was the closest and highest rated.
I booked a room labelled "newer", but walking through the corridor in the morning, where housekeeping had other doors propped open, I couldn't see that there was any difference and suspect my room wasn't newer at all.

I specifically asked at check-in if there were any rooms that dogs were not permitted (as my last experience in Charlotte involved urine stains and barking at the homewood suites), well, I had dogs on either side of me and my room didn't smell fresh at all, so I suspect it was just a generic room and that I'd paid a little more for nothing.

The room smelled musty and kinda sweaty, like the carpet was past due changing. Basically, it smelled like a poor person's house.
It took two days before hotels in Ballantyne became available and I checked out as soon as I could after two nights.

In addition to the "l'eau de plebian" smell, noise was also a big issue, the building is cheaply constructed with wooden floors and the person in the room above me seemed to be pacing up and down walking on the ball of their feet and throwing things around until around midnight, then back up at 6am.

On a positive note, the staff were great, friendly and helpful and if I were more concerned with the bottom line, as many are, then this would have been a good deal, with its spacious feel and kitchenette, but as has been stated by others, this is not really for the business traveler and this may have been my mistake (in not simply commuting further).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad that you were able to find availability at our hotel during a busy time in Charlotte. I do so apologize that your stay was not what you had hoped for. We do strive to give excellent service and provide a clean and fresh hotel at a good value. We do have nicely upgraded rooms and would like very much for you to give us another try. You can call me personally to discuss your stay, so that I can reseach it further. Thank you for your comments.
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

October 2012
This hotel had the best reviews. It seems primarily geared toward families with kids though. At least this appeared to be the the demographic when I stayed there. In other words I'm saying it was kind of noisy. Other than that the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast, not so hot. Wi-fi signal spotty and weak. All in all though this is a great value if you are in the area for a while and want a cheap, decent place to cook your own food and set up camp. That is if you don't mind little kids being little kids next door. If you're a business traveler, like me, maybe it's not the best choice. I'm going to keep looking for the "perfect" Choice Hotel in this area.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay, we do have a lot of business travelers that stay with us and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. At the time of your stay we were having some issues with our internet service, due to the feedback from our guest we were able to remedy the problem. We would appreciate you giving us another try, we feel that we are the right Choice.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I was very surprised that the hotel was so accommodating. My husband and I traveled late into the night in the pouring rain to get to Charlotte and the front desk attendant even helped carry in our bags! The room was very clean and I was glad that it had a stove and full size fridge and stove! We will definitely be staying again!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. It always helps us to know how are staff exceeds our guest expectations. We look forward to your next visit, please stop by and ask for me, I would love to meet you.
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I've saved this hotel as a 'favorite' on my GPS not only because it is pet friendly and very convenient to the interstate but moreover because the rooms are immaculate...no doggy smells...and the staff are genuinely pleasant and accommodating. I like the kitchenette convenience in the rooms and there is a nice selection of frozen snacks and TV dinners in their pantry shop which is quite nice not having to load up again and go to a restaurant after already traveling for hours. On my last stay, I learned the pet weight limit was 50#...which almost was my undoing as one of my two dogs is #80. But, after speaking with the manager he most graciously authorized my reservation and invited me back again...and I will certainly take him up on that!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MainStayCLT, Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for your gracious feedback, I do remember you and am delighted that you would stay with us again and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope to serve you again real soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night during the demconvention. Price was kind of high during that day of convention but the other hotels around it was even higher. It was a very comfortable hotel and was surprised with the accomodation with their suites. It has refrigerator, cooking range and pots and pans if you want to cook in your room. Definitely will recommend this hotel because even the front desk Will was so nice. If we go back to Charlotte north Carolina, we will definitely come back to this hotel. I wish I can stay there for a week more but we have to go back to Florida.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elcoquiprfla
Thank you for your positive feedback, and mentioning Will. We strive to give excellent service and provide clean rooms for our guest. I am so glad that we were able to do that. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte.