“Superior Service”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #111 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 December 2011

From the moment we arrived at Charlotte Airport, the service from this hotel was exceptional. I called the hotel as we left our gate (no checked luggage) and by the time we made it to the exit the shuttle was waiting for us. The driver was extremely pleasant and the ride was very comfortable. The gentleman who checked us in was just as hospitable and check-in was very quick. Even though we arrived several hours before the designated check-in time our room was ready.
Our room was very nice - clean, spacious, and everything was in working order. The continental breakfast was extremely busy due to a fully booked hotel, but the food never ran out. The manager assisted the designated staff-person and the Southern hospitality continued through breakfast.
We will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time we are in Charlotte.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed here one night when I had an early morning flight. I arrived at the hotel after midnight. The clerk was not at all welcoming. He was simply "flat"--not the usual Southern welcome one expects. I was checked in and went to the room. Being tired, I did not do much more than unpack toiletries, put out my clothing for the following day and go to bed. The room was spacious and I had no problems with room temperature. I was up and downstairs soon after 5 a.m. the next morning. There was no one at the desk but an employee was on the computer in the lobby. I tried to make noise and finally had his attention. He went to the back and the clerk came out. Again, very "flat". I explained that the trip was for business and there had been no receipt under my door, but that I needed one as I needed to complete an expense report when I returned. The clerk said there was a problem with the printer and that the only thing he could do would be to email it to me. I gave him my email address and left the hotel. I turned in my rental car, made the flight and was back in my office several hours later--no email and no receipt. I called the hotel and was told they would fax it, This clerk was very friendly and apologized. I had hoped to get my expense report completed before going to another meeting but was unable to do so . I did receive the fax --and two days after my stay I finally did get the promised email. I was not in the hotel long enough to experience the breakfast or property amenities. It was convenient to the airport and I would stay here again, but I would hope for a better rate than the $123/night I paid.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We arrived at the Springhill Suites Charlotte Airport on Saturday, October 22, 2011 by check in for our overnight stay in preparation for the Panthers game the next day. After getting settled in the room my husband and I went down stairs to the indoor pool which after much deliberation was one of the 3 reason that we chose this hotel. The spa was luke warm, but the pool was ice cold. There was no way that that pool was heated in the days previous to our checking in. We went to the front desk and reported that the pool was not working and w\ere told that the problem would be solved within the hour. We returned to our room and the temperature had actually risen 2 degrees since we left the room from 78 to 80 but the thermostat was set to 66 before we left and hour previous. Again before leaving for the evening we stopped by the front desk approximately 5:30pm and let the attendant know that the thermostat was not working properly. We returned later that evening at approximately 11:15pm and the temperature had only dropped to 77 degrees and again we left it set to 66 degrees. We surmise that the temperature drop was only due to the fact that we were not in the room and that the sun had set hours ago. We had to return to the front desk for a 3rd time to inform the front desk person that another portion of the hotel was in need of maintenance. A maintenance person spent 30mins in our room and finally at midnight our room is becoming a suitable temperature for inhabitance. I think this is probably the worst hotel stay that I have ever had. I don't spend time sifting through Marriott properties hoping that I can spend my hotel stay informing the hotel of maintenance that should have been completed before I arrived so that I might enjoy my stay. We at no point were ever comfortable in our stay which I believe is what we had paid for. DO NOT waste your time staying at this hotel. It seems quite obvious that this was a dive motel that was inherited by Marriott and poorly renovated. What you won't see is that the hotel is down a scary drive behind the Days Inn and sharing a fence with a sketchy strip club. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. The good rooms are not here. If you are going to stay here definitely don...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spoildrottenprincess
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay...if you need to stay close to the airport. Super friendly staff and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank TravelFam39
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This place is definately not worth the money. I am actually sitting in the hotel as I type and I am totally disappointed. The Room is okay although there is only 1 t.v in the room and no door to separte the sleeping quarter from the living room, there was also alot of rust on the room carpet, and 1 of the lamps in the room is not working. The Pool at this Hotel is FILTHY. I am LIVID because my main reason for choosing this hotel was the indoor pool and hot tub. The pool has alot of sand at the bottom and some oily residue at the top. The Hot Tub is out of order according to front desk because the Health Inspector Shut it down. The gym here is so Tiny. They only have 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical machine. Save Your MONEY. I am NEVER coming back to this Dump and I will be requesting some type of credit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fine478
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This is a 5-6 year old 5 story property, in very good condition. If your main criterion is a place to crash near the airport, this is a good choice. Clean and comfortable rooms although the room size is a tad smaller than other SH properties I’ve lodged at. Friendly staff, free parking. Rooms have a small desk area with a sink, microwave and compact fridge, no stove. Very small indoor pool & exercise room. Small flat screen TV but positioned off to the side of the bed meaning you have to view at a 45 degree angle. Internet speed on my 5th floor room was poor and painful, same with the lobby computer. The location of this property is not ideal- it is on a service road within 100 yards of an interstate that feeds into the city, adjacent to a business park. It is also on a flight path, meaning the planes are close to the ground, landing gear deployed and can be heard. CTL is a major airport so you get planes arriving every 1-3 minutes during busy hours. There are no restaurants within walking distance and actually it is a challenge to find a ‘good’ restaurant close by. I usually depend on the ‘close restaurant list’ provided at the front desk. This one was not well researched and looks like they just replicated a Google search giving little thought to cuisine, quality, expense level, chain, proximity. If you’re a jogger you will also be challenged- you can try the service road but the traffic is bothersome however the business park close by is somewhat peaceful. Free breakfast was adequate. So overall a decent choice for a quick airport stay, however there are some caveats depending on your requirements.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank edtoby007
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Hotel was perfect in every way except for the ice cold indoor pool! Rooms were beautiful and clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was nice. Just wish we could have enjoyed the pool a little more -- 30 minutes at a time was about it because my children were turning blue. I will say the spa was broken when we were there, so maybe that had something to do with the pool heat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family