“A broken record.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Bagdad, KY
“A broken record.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I read the other reviews of this hotel and surprisingly for me, have NOTHING new to add. Yep, I'm a Marriott member (Platinum); yep, stay at Marriotts all over the country; yep, like the Springhill Suites' new design. Yep, like the routine great attitude from Marriott employees - really, I count on it. Nope, don't like this hotel very much. Just misses the mark.

Oh, wait! I do have something new to add. If you're a business traveler and think you're you're going to get a nice high speed buzz off this hotel and catch up on your email, you're greatly mistaken. I actually called tech support, and they let me know the company blocked the coonection. I do have a choice - goodbye, Springhill Suites, Hellooo Marriott!

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
SHSCharlotteAirport, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back on your stay with us. As a Platinum member, I thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. I do want to apologize for your internet connection and speed. I have contacted our tech support and updated our system to make sure that all users have fast connection speed and are assisited properly if any problem arises. I do hope that when you are in the Charlotte area that you visit us again.
Thanks for being a Platinum Marrioitt rewards member.

Kowee Truesdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Daleville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Queen Suites are very spacious, including bathroom. Loads of electrical outlets to charge devices.
Exercise room has decent elliptical and treadmill, each with tv. Also free weights. Pool was small and dirty. Jacuzzi was OK.
Breakfast was decent. Attendant ran her butt off to keep up with refilling empty items. She gets A+ for effort.
They have free shuttle for trips to restaurants. The hotel is not within walking distance to any eateries.
This was a very good hotel for proximity to I85. And hotel workers were very cordial.
For being near the airport and interstate, noise from traffic and jetliners was not an issue at all.

Room Tip: The queen suites were very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSCharlotteAirport, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Hello Jimmy,
Thank you for giving us feed back and staying with us at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport. I am glad you had a great stay. We strive to exceed all guest expectations. I did see your note on the pool and followed up with my maintenance staff. We will make sure that it is always clean and ready for use. Thanks again for responding and I will see you on your return visit.

Kowee Truesdale
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I suppose most people stay here for just a night before heading out of the airport. We stayed for three days, for a swim meet, and were very pleased. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is great---yes, near the airport but also near all the major highways. It's very quiet, refurbished, comfortable. And Paul Mitchell toiletries!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SusanTravells
SHSCharlotteAirport, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your most recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and have recommended us to others! Airport travelers do make up a majority of our guests but we love having groups in house as well. As you said, we are conveniently located right off of I-85, which provides a convenient and short drive to uptown Charlotte and surrounding areas. I hope you enjoyed your time in Charlotte and we look forward to seeing you again on your next vacation! Thanks again!
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stay at Marriott properties almost exclusively and have stayed in Springhill Suites on many occasions. We were shocked at the quality of this hotel. The rooms seemed much smaller than usual, quite plain, and the decor looked old. Something used to clean the room had a very strong odor and my pajamas smelled so strongly of it by the morning that I had to wash them.
We also ended up in a room in the front of the hotel with exterior lights on poles brightly shining all night. The curtains did not block the light well. The heat/A-C unit did not operate well.
If I had been blindfolded and taken there I would have sworn it was not a Marriott. This hotel is definitely not up to their standards.
I gave it two dots because the lady who ran the breakfast area was wonderful. She took the time to wash the apples and wrap them individually in plastic. I appreciated that.

Room Tip: Find out if there is an exterior light shining at the level of your room and avoid that room. Stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travel201102
SHSCharlotteAirport, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. We aim to provide superior customer service and accommodations and it is disappointing to hear we failed to do so during your visit.
Our goal is to have a fresh but neutral smell in the room when you arrive instead of an overpowering odor. I have spoken with our Housekeeping Manager and done re-training with our staff to avoid this from happening with future guests.
Also, we are supposed to have the heavy black out curtains in each room. These should have been heavy enough to block out all exterior lights. We will do a sweep in our rooms to make sure that they all have them.
Also, I want to thank you for recognizing our Breakfast Attendant, Angela. She is a super star in our breakfast area and always makes guests feel like they are at home.
I hope that you will come visit us again and see that this experience does not reflect our standards. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention and hope to see you on your next visit to Charlotte!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I spent a night at the SpringHill Suites near the Charlotte airport for business. I was traveling with a colleague and we commented to each other prior to check-in, "we've never had a bad experience at a SpringHill Suites." We should have saved that statement until after staying at this hotel. First, the positive - service - from the guy at the front desk to the really friendly woman working the breakfast buffet. The staff that I encountered were quite helpful. However, the room was so-so. It was rather dated compared to every other SpringHill Suites I've ever stayed at. The public areas were more or less updated, however. The workout room was very small. If you need to stay near the airport I guess this is an okay place to stay. However, the next time I'm in Charlotte I will try another property.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeepyg
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We were only in Charlotte one night and needed to be near a certain location, so we selected The Springhill Suites at the airport, for location, price and the reviews we had read on Trip Advisor.

I am a Marriott Rewards member and was acknowledged as such upon arrival, which was nice, as a lot of hotels don't bother noting their reward club members. We had a king room. There was a sofa bed when you walked in the door. Across from that there was a sink, microwave, refrigerator, long desk. There is also a ceiling fan in this "kitchen" area.

There is a small table across the end of the sofa with a TV that swivels so that you can see it from the sofa or the bed in the next area. The bathroom sink area is separate from the tub and toilet, which we like so someone can be showering, while someone else is at the sink or mirror.

The bedroom area has two small end tables on either side of the king bed and a closet. Plenty of space for two of us. We were only staying one night, but I noted that if we were staying longer, there really is no drawer space for clothes. There are two small drawers in each of the two night tables and a very small drawer in the TV stand. Perhaps they could replace that TV stand with a piece of furniture that had at least two ample drawers. The closet had plenty of room to hang numerous items. The room just lacks drawer space.

The staff was very nice and helpful.

There was a review that complained about the airport noise. I can't say that I even noticed the planes. I usually keep the fan running on the HVAC unit and the low hum of the fan helps to keep out other noises.

Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArcheryFamily-NJ
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Clean hotel, close to airport and highway, beds are comfortable basic hotel but great staff. I stayed for 3 nights for a business meeting. From the shuttle driver to the desk people, housekeeping staff, each employee I came in contact with went out of thier way to greet you and accomodate. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business