“OK for one night sleepover” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #88 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Richmond, Virginia
“OK for one night sleepover”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

If you are traveling on I-85 and need a place for overnight stay, you can go with this hotel. Else, stay away.
Only one good point about hotel, room was large with good queen size bed so had very good sleep.
Breakfast had limited options, I feel hotel also had few maintenance issues as well (in night, there was no hot water in restroom)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PranavBansal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The positives: a huge room and a good free breakfast. The negatives: the first room we got had a foldout sofa bed that was broken, which would have been uncomfortable. The hotel quickly changed us to a new room. We needed the free earplugs given the proximity to the highway. But overall a very good hotel in a location that worked for us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

These motels are so generic it's hard to come up with differentiating superlatives. I got a price deal online and there was a Nascar event that weekend so I lucked out to even have a room, BUT--as I was checking in around 9 PM the young lady at the desk tried to do a "bait and switch" trick by offering to "upgrade" me to another one of their hotels--not very far away. I was by then very tired of preparing, flying, getting a rental car, getting lost ,and finally finding them so I was NOT interested in anything but what I had arranged. Don't understand why it was offered. I pointed out I had made the reservation some time ago and she checked me in pronto.

The room is long, tv was huge and had an incredibly clear picture, their pool was perfect in the morning and the jacuzzi by it worked! and the bed was big and comfy. Very conveniently located by the airport & highway but I don't recall much sound--and I specifically asked for a "least noise" room as tripadvisors had mentioned highway sound could be an issue. Didn't bother me, way in the back. Something to remember to ask for.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway. they also have earplugs, I hear.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank anniemax
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I love Marriott and SpringHill's are my favorite brand. I've never had a bad experience at one. There were three little things that set this one apart.

1. The newspapers were stacked at an angle which made for a more pleasing display. A minor thing but it takes time to do.
2. The have Cholula Hot Sauce - I carry a 2 oz. bottle with me when I travel since I generally don't run across it.
3. They have a bottle opener in the room - maybe because they sell beer (and wine) in the market place (perhaps this should be #4). While I didn't imbibe this trip, again, I carry one with me just in case.

The staff is supper friendly. The breakfast was fantastic. No issues with the internet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BillFromTTexas
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well the staff was exemplary, the receptionist and the lady at the breakfast buffet. They were cheerful and kind. It gets you off to a nice start when you see a cheerful person at 6 am.
The buffet was good with healthy options.
Ok now the room,
I was in a king size room which was kinda small and had an odd shape, the TV was in the middle of nowhere, it was placed in a position which was kinda halfway between the sitting area and the bed.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Abu H
East TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Near the airport with a free shuttle.
Hotel is professionally managed and the room we had was very clean. A few problems with the bath but not enough to complain about. Common areas are quite nice. Breakfast was tasty and well presented. Only problem is the freeway noise. The hotel is quite close and the trucks were busy.

Room Tip: They are all the same as far as I could tell.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alvis-f
SHSCharlotteAirport, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hello Alvis,
Thanks for your feedback. Never consider any problem a complaint. We want you to have a wonderful care free stay. No matter how small the issue is, bring it to our attention and we will get it fixed quickly. I do thank you for your wonderful comments and know that we also offer earplugs and rooms facing away from the freeway. Have a great day!!!!

Kowee Truesdale
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Friendly, helpful staff... the breakfast lady is quite good natured and makes the morning bright! The free airport shuttle is a nice perk and the rooms are clean. There was a sort of weird smell in the room, like burnt popcorn or something but it was tolerable. Other than that, all of the amenities worked so... it was good! I didn't use the pool or exercise room, but they looked to be in good condition. No restaurants within walking distance but there are lots of choices if you have transportation or can use the shuttle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Creekguy,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. We are a lively bunch at the SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport. We love to make you feel at home. We coorected that popcorn smell that was in your room. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Just remember while we don't recommend walking to our local restaurants, we have a shuttle that is available 24 hours a day at no fee.
Thanks again and LIKE the name.

Kowee Truesdale