SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
All reviewscharlotte airportroom was cleana marriott rewards memberan early morning flightbreakfast barhot tubextra pillowswork spaceconnecting flightbooked this hotelstayed here for one nightyogurtfree breakfastfree shuttlesofa bedplace to sleepother hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Not the nicest Springhill but the rooms are big and clean. The whole hotel has a faint odor, as if it had once been a smoking hotel. Perfectly fine for a couple nights stay in the CLT area. Staff gets an A+ -- SUPER friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

At a certain point you have to just raise your hands and realize the hotel gods are against you and managing a hotel well is hard work. We landed late Tuesday night, 2 days before Thanksgiving. We called for the shuttle, and after waiting nearly an hour in the freezing rain we took a taxi which I'm sure overcharged us, but at that point we just needed to be warm. Our repeated calls while waiting were "our van is stuck in traffic" traffic was bad, but when you see three Courtyard by Marriott vans go by you get even more annoyed. When we arrived there was no real concern about taking a taxi versus van. There is a sign waiting for you on the check in counter that says "if you are sensitive to noise please ask for ear plugs" I did because I am, the highway noise must be hard to block and they are aware of the situation. The room was huge, but poorly laid out, I believe we were in room 318. The green carpet had a brown sheen on the top of the cute design. We slept well, with the fan going there was no need for the ear plugs. The breakfast was meh, they left all their styrofoam bowls and coffee cups in their plastic packaging, couldn't bother taking them out. My partner and I agreed the breakfast was pretty bad and we would stop for an early lunch. Skip this one and with the sighting of the Courtyard van over and over I would have preferred that Marriott property. Oh, the design and style of the hotel was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judi H
Reviewed 1 December 2013

If you are traveling on I-85 and need a place for overnight stay, you can go with this hotel. Else, stay away.
Only one good point about hotel, room was large with good queen size bed so had very good sleep.
Breakfast had limited options, I feel hotel also had few maintenance issues as well (in night, there was no hot water in restroom)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PranavBansal
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The positives: a huge room and a good free breakfast. The negatives: the first room we got had a foldout sofa bed that was broken, which would have been uncomfortable. The hotel quickly changed us to a new room. We needed the free earplugs given the proximity to the highway. But overall a very good hotel in a location that worked for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

These motels are so generic it's hard to come up with differentiating superlatives. I got a price deal online and there was a Nascar event that weekend so I lucked out to even have a room, BUT--as I was checking in around 9 PM the young lady at the desk tried to do a "bait and switch" trick by offering to "upgrade" me to another one of their hotels--not very far away. I was by then very tired of preparing, flying, getting a rental car, getting lost ,and finally finding them so I was NOT interested in anything but what I had arranged. Don't understand why it was offered. I pointed out I had made the reservation some time ago and she checked me in pronto.

The room is long, tv was huge and had an incredibly clear picture, their pool was perfect in the morning and the jacuzzi by it worked! and the bed was big and comfy. Very conveniently located by the airport & highway but I don't recall much sound--and I specifically asked for a "least noise" room as tripadvisors had mentioned highway sound could be an issue. Didn't bother me, way in the back. Something to remember to ask for.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway. they also have earplugs, I hear.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo