SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #99 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Loud”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This facility is very well maintained. The staff is very friendly. The road noise is exceptionally loud. I was woke up from a dead sleep numerous times due to the extreme road noise. I will not be returning under any circumstances. Should have slept anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BigDaddy083
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We use these comments to improve our property and services.

I'm sorry that you were not able to rest comfortably during your stay. We are located conveniently off of I-85 and within 1.5 of the Charlotte Airport. This makes us a ideal location for guests who are traveling but both can cause some additional noise issues. We do provide earplugs at our Front Desk for any guests who might be light sleepers or sensitive to noise.

Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff and well maintained building as well. I believe that our staff is what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. They are always willing to go above and beyond for our guests!

Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Charlotte!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

As a long time Marriott customer, I was very disappointed in this hotel. Located near the Airport for early flight seemed convenient. Room adequate but deficits included, cold indoor pool,poor room insulation from hallway and street noise, room clock not working gave wrong time and could not be changed,light by bed out, no restaurant, but most important my early morning wake up call never came, clerk apologized and said the system for that room was not. working.Fortunately,I had brought my own alarm for backup. The am bus driver refused to leave for Airport even 2 minutes earlier despite the scheduled passengers waiting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joped
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

I was actually the clerk who checked you out, so I remember you and the issues you experienced. There was a glitch in our wake up system the morning you checked out but I am happy to say that this was corrected. In addition, we were able to address the room issues you mentioned at check out as well. When you checked out we did discuss your Marriott status, and compensation for your issues. You should be able to see this on your account now.

When we sign guests up for our shuttle we let them know that it leaves promptly every 30 minutes in the morning. Since we are an airport property, many guests have last minute flight changes. For this reason, we do wait until the exact hour and half hour before we depart the hotel in case we have some last minute riders.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Thank you!
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I always like staying at Springhill Suites and this place is no exception. I like the 24 hour coffee and tea availability. The breakfast is always the best with lots of good fresh fruit, Greek yogurt and oatmeal with lots of toppings including chocolate chips. The night clerk who checked me in must have had a bad day. She wasn't very pleasant, didn't recognize my elite status and took forever getting me processed. The shuttle driver always tries to please and should be commended for it. But the best part is that Carrabba's delivers to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This week was my third time staying at this hotel and I realized why I keep coming back. Yes, it is close to my work location but so are other hotels. What I realized on this visit is just how friendly the staff has been on all of my visits. The breakfast is great with a good selection and the rooms are clean and well kept. Simple things like a gas station and easy access the interstate make the location a plus too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter. West facing I think.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here while on business in Charlotte. I had to pick up someone at the airport so it was very convenient. It is approx 3 miles from the airport. My room was very spacious like most Springhills. The hotel was fairly quiet at night when not a lot of planes are in the air. The staff was helpful in recommending local restaurants and there is a shuttle that will take you to most of them. This was a nice feature. I normally stay downtown but this was a nice alternative. I will stay here again when in Charlotte.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed 2 very noisy bad sleepless nights in this hotel. The room itself was adequate except they have switched to the window air units which cycle on and off making it hard to get a quiet night. But the worst was the all night Gentlemen's Club behind the hotel. Car horns, revving sports car engines, lots of yelling in the adjacent parking lot, joined with the constant noise from I85 really stunk.
On our second morning the free breakfast was practically non existent...for some reason the staff let all the food dwindle to nothing and did not replace it before the breakfast time ended.

Finally, our sink was clogged and we only had 1 towel when we checked in.
While we didn't address any of this with the staff they did bring extra towels.

Maybe another trip not on a weekend could turn out better. Just make sure to ask for a room on the west side.

Room Tip: Ask for west side away from the Gentlemen's club parking lot
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank G0Pirates
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. I will be speaking with our breakfast attendants and making sure that no matter what time someone comes to breakfast, we have it fully stocked. Also, I will be speaking with our Housekeeping Manager and Supervisor to make sure that each room is complete with all the amenities we require in each room. As for noise issues, this is something that we are addressing with our Management team and best ways to prevent this issues from happening.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice and clean. Rooms can comfortably sleep 5-6 people. The room has 1 tv which can be viewed from the living room area or bedroom area.The rooms have both a fridge and microwave which came in very handy. The bathroom has a bathtub(not just shower). The breakfast had a good selection and offered several healthy options. There is a pool, hot tub and exercise room. Several fast food options are available within a 1-2 mile radius. Front desk and breakfast staff were very nice!!

• Stayed January 2014