“If you are at the convention center it is close”

The Westin Charlotte
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Pella, IA
“If you are at the convention center it is close”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Would I stay here on vacation, probably not but I was there for work so it was close to the nascar hall of fame and convention center so it was fine. Like most nicer places parking and internet is a lot and it is $11-$13 for a poor glass of wine from bar but like I said... Average if the location works for you it is fine.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad our location helped improve the quality of your visit, but apologize we were unable to exceed your overall expectations during your visit. We hope you will be back again soon so we can show you a 100% Westin experience. Be well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Was here for a convention. It was beautiful, clean and the room was quiet. I was upgraded to a corner room and the view was beautiful. For my meals, I walked the few blocks to the food court. Would come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Farmingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The title says it all. Very comfortable mattress at this hotel - got a good nite sleep (all three nites i was there) - bbbbbbut, the room was dirty (dusty and had hair all over the place (I have really short hair and I kept on finding long hair all over)) - AND one lamp did not work at all AND the clock did not light up AND the window was all clouded up! I could not even see out the window! That was a very odd one actually - I have to say that for all the hotel rooms I have been in over the years - I have never had one that was completely clouded up and I could not see thru the window. (this happens when the seal breaks in the window - and there is a space between the two pieces of glass). What is odd - is that this has had to be like this for years - because it takes a while for the glass to completely cloud up - like 2 to 3 years. (BTW - I would assume that the managers of this hotel read these - and for you - I am sure you are wondering the room number - it was room 534). Of course, it did not stop there at this hotel. Definitely avoid the breakfast buffet - it costs $20 - and it was COLD - but, that was not the worst of it - the service was absolutely terrible. I had to get the coffee and water myself - and the waitress barely came by the table at all. Needless to say -that was the first and LAST time i ate at the hotel restaurant. now - to give them credit - I was there for three days for a convention - and did have the banquet hall food - which was good each time I had it. also - the showers were comfortable and always hot - which was also nice. Gym was nice too. So, now - the final thing: so, the convention was over at 2 pm - so, I asked for a later checkout. Now, mind you - the convention is over - and pretty much everyone is checking out of the hotel the same day - what is the big deal of an hour later? Most people have earlier flights, etc - the convention had about 25% of the attendees left by the end of the last day. But, boy, did the person at the front desk give me crap about getting a later checkout. When I mentioned about the room being dirty - and had things broken, etc - she did not even bother to write this stuff down! She was just assuming I was lying to her to get the later checkout! She went into the back to "talk to the manager" - and came back out and gave me a 2:30 checkout. I just love getting treated like that at a hotel! Needless to say - if the good nite sleep is the only thing important - than stay here - if you like clean rooms and good customer service - than you might want to check out one of the other hotels in Charlotte!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gmosho
Thank you so much for providing the room number so we can check on the hotel window. I apologize also about your experience in our restaurant. We pride ourselves on great food and great service and wish we could have exceeded your expectations while you dined. However, I’m delighted to know the food during your conference was excellent. I will pass along this review to each department you mentioned so they can help continue to improve the overall guest experiences in their departments. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future so we can show you a true Westin Charlotte experience. Be well.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights while visiting some friends in Charlotte. The location and the beds were the best part of the stay. The staff were business like and busy. The room was a little dated with a big stain on the carpet. The bed was comfortable and the room had a mini-fridge, which for me is always a plus. There was a parking fee (whether self parked or valeted),and there was also a charge for the internet. The hotel also seemed to be a bit noisy. The hotel is located next to the convention center and there are many bars and restaurants located close to the hotel and it is right off the highway. Overall, I would give this hotel another shot, but was annoyed with all the extra charges (parking and internet) and did not feel I got the value I paid for.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you would stay with us gain and that our amenities improved the quality of your stay. I will pass along your comments about parking to the company who owns the deck connected to our hotel. We invite you on your next visit, to take advantage of our complimentary Wi-Fi, available in many public areas of our hotel; including our lobby, Lobby Bar, Ember Grille, and Starbucks. We hope you will be back again very soon. Be well!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This has got to be the Best Hotel I've ever stayed in. The people, the staff, everyone was so nice and pleasant. I couldn't ask for a better Hotel. Be Proud of Yourselves. Room service was excellent, people were friendly. We ate at the Ember Grille in the Hotel and it was delicious. So we went back the next afternoon to have lunch.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 17th floor, it was quiet. No foot traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We will make sure our entire team sees your kind words. We look forward to your next visit very soon!
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Loved the Westin hotel. The staff was super helpful and friendly, and the rooms were clean and comfy. Room service food was excellent, but rather pricey. The location was perfect. We were close to everything, and the rail was fast and convenient. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are delighted our location added to the quality of your stay! We look forward to your next visit! Be well!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were in town for the Thunder Road Marathon & Half... the Westin was pet friendly and very convenient to the race start/finish.

Pros: very elegant, the base rate was an excellent value for the property quality and location. The bathroom was nice, the bed was comfy. Staff was friendly and check-in was easy. Location was great, right in the middle of everything. The dog bed and bowl was a nice touch.

Cons: While the base rate was very reasonable, they got you coming and going on everything else. $18 to park $18 more for reasonable-speed internet, etc. Room service is always crazy pricey, but this was ridiculous. Also, maybe we were on a noisy floor, but when people in the hall were speaking at normal volume it felt like they were in the room with us, and we heard doors opening and closing until about 3 AM. I thought about calling the desk... but what could they have really done? Made the walls magically thicker?

Overall... it was fine for one night, but I might try someplace else next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel and our convenient location for the Thunder Road Marathon! I will pass this review on to Laz, the company who owns the parking deck attached to our hotel. I also apologize for the noise on your hallway. At The Westin Charlotte, we want you to leave feeling refreshed and renewed after a great night’s sleep in our Heavenly® Beds. We do hope the next time your travels bring you to the Queen City, that you’ll stay with us again. Be well.