“Better Options in CLT”

Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Durham, North Carolina
“Better Options in CLT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed one night as part of a NYE concert package. After reading reviews I kept my expectations low. Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful - we were able to check in early. No problems with hot water or water pressure. However, our fifth floor room had a view of the parking deck roof and smelled of grease. Room was dated and worn - ripped wallpaper and stained carpet. Beds were okay but hardly "heavenly". It served it's purpose for a one night stay, but for the price you can do better (and cheaper) in uptown CLT. I recently stayed at the brand new Hyatt Place Uptown and it is top notch!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We do hope you will visit us again in the future and allow us to show you a true Westin experience. Be well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Morrow, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We just returned from Charlotte, North Carolina where we stayed at The Weston. We were very disappointed in the quality of the hotel, the service, and the lack of southern hospitality! The room was clean, but there was absolutely nothing special about it for what we paid ( about $200 per night). They said that they have heavenly beds - there was NOTHING heavenly about it. The hotel is bit run-down and dated.

We asked for maps of the city and they provided a map they had created versus a professionally done one - it wasn't helpful at all. We belong to a rewards program that includes this hotel and they still charged $13 per day for internet access in our room. We had to go to the lobby for internet access.

They literally acted like we were bothering them when we asked any questions. This was hardly the southern hospitality that we've experienced in NC in the past! Would I ever stay at this hotel again?? NEVER! There are many other nice hotels close by that were more reasonable and nice - we visited friends at their hotel and couldn't have been welcomed more warmly from the moment we entered the lobby! Find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We hope you will visit us again and allow us to show you a true Westin experience. Be well.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I have used trip advisor for many years, but until now, have not taken the time to write a review. This stay warrants it.

My family - with three small kids - rolled into town around midnight last night with reservations at another large hotel chain. Unfortunately, the other hotel could not accommodate our SUV with car top carrier. They did what they could to address by booking another out of town hotel, but fortunately, my wife called the Westin right around the corner - not only could we valet our truck out front in a secure spot, but they also had an indoor pool - which was a must for the kids this AM.

When I arrived, Kelvin greeted us and in my mind, went above and beyond in service. Given my SPG status, he took care of parking and honored a preferred rate for a family breakfast. We are back on the road now and my kids are happy having had a great swim in the warm pool, wife pleased with the terrific breakfast (she had the oatmeal) and I am smiling for the outstanding service. Thank you Kelvin and team. You have my attention and I will come back to Westin and Starwood. As a heavy business traveler who has a choice in hotels, I will ensure you get my business.

Tip- stay on a high floor. Kids loved the views. We slept with the curtains open so they had the city as a night light and sunrise as the alarm clock!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank BP60606
Thank you for your review! We are glad that your whole family was able to enjoy the amenities that the Westin has to offer. Thank you for your stay, we look forward to your next visit!
Redwood City, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

As a loyal SPG member it was the Westin or the aLoft for me. Overall it's just your average Westin. Rooms are a bit run down but its standard fare heavenly bed more than makes up for it. It's a few blocks south of the Epicenter so there are some food options available. I did eat in the restaurant one night and the pork belly sliders are a must!

Bottom line:
I've stayed here twice now and will continue to come back because it's the best SPG in town. I stayed at the aLoft and while it was newer, I just don't like the feel as much as the Westin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your repeat stays with us. And we agree, the Pork Belly Sliders are a definite MUST! We look forward to your next visit!
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I contacted the property ahead of time to inquire about various services and the possibility of a suite upgrade since I am a Starwood Preferred Guest Plantinum for Life member. I received good service from the staff in helping me with my inquiries - especially from Front Desk Manager - Kimberly Johnson, who followed up several times regading my requests. I received all of the information I needed in advance of my trip. Even though there were no suites available for the time I was there, Kimberly continued to follow up to keep me apprised of the situation. Upon arrival & check-in, Kimberly made an effort to meet me personally. She explained that she was able to shift some things around and was able to secure the Presidential Suite for my stay. Needless to say, I was surpised and very pleased at the effort that was made. The suite was great - fantastic views of Charlotte, great amenitites and huge! All of the services I used at the property were excellent. I highly recommend this property for the great facilities and services but especially the service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for being a Platinum SPG member! We can't wait to have you back again soon!
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

What do I look for from a good hotel really? A good night's sleep.

What did I get at the Westin Hotel in Charlotte? There were people in the halls partying to all hours. The residents of the room next door were evidently insomniacs. And someone brought a small dog that barks incessantly when it's owners are not around.

The hotel and staff were as good and attentive as you would expect, but ultimately I doubt I will ever go back to this hotel again. They failed on the primary mission: to give me a good night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We hope you will visit again and allow us to show you a true Westin experience. Be well.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Thoroughly recommend having stayed many times on business travel. The property, staff, & service are first class. And the location is in the CBD! Can also recommend for tourist travel, although this place bustles with action.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoy your frequent stays with us. We love having you as our guest. We look forward to your next visit!