“Great place”

Ranked #29 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Bethel, North Carolina
“Great place”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I attended two banquets and chose to stay overnight. Room was plush with a great view of uptown Charlotte. Being on the 18th surely helped.

Breakfast buffet was too expensive for the selection ($50 for the two of us) and a traveler who drives more than flies I never like the excessive parking fees. This is my only reason for giving a 4 instead of 5.

1 Thank D P
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review of The Westin Charlotte.

I am pleased to know that you found our Heavenly guest room to be refreshing and rejuvenating. We are at the perfect location in Uptown Charlotte.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Guntram Merl - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I booked online the experience at the Westin was one of the best stays I've had in Charlotte. Customer service was great the only issue I had is that there was an $18 fee to park. I believe if you stay at a 4 Star hotel parking should be free otherwise it was great

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte.

We strive for excellence and I am pleased to know we met your expectations.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a night in Charlotte just to have a night away with out going far. We rode the blue line and got dropped off at the Stonewall stop which is right beside the Westin. It was raining so this worked out great. Check in was easy and quick and off to the 11th floor we went. We had a king room facing 277 and south end but it was ok with us but if you want a downtown view, just request it and see what happens. Room was very clean and the bed and pillows were heavenly and the night was perfect.went down to the bar for a drink. We let the bartender make a choice for each of us and the drink was on the spot.hallways were quiet through our stay. Check out was easy and back on the train in just a matter of minutes from leaving the room.Hope we have an opportunity to stay again soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte. I am pleased to know that your experience left you feeling refreshed and renewed. Our Heavenly bed leaves on feeling rejuvenated.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Staff went above and beyond especially at checkout. Roosevelt went the extra mile to be sure guest made a flight. Wait staff very attentive. Housekeeping very thorough. However, too few elevators for convention crowds. Long waits.

• Stayed July 2014
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words and staying with us at The Westin Charlotte. I am pleased to know that our staff went above and beyond and allowed for a refreshing stay with us.

I hope you come back for another rejuvenating stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I attended a conference earlier this month at the Westin Charlotte with about 600 other attendees. I stayed in a room on the 20th floor that was comfortable and in very good condition. I consider the hotel "professional" rather than "trendy" -- the decor is tasteful and modern - the lobby bar was very open and bright (a nice place to end the day or meet with friends before heading out). The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I was impressed when I arrived at check in - there were about 20+ people in line ahead of me (it seems a lot of us arrived at about the same time) and they had waiters serving fresh flatbread pizza appetizers to us while we waited. It definitely took the edge off as we were waiting to check in! The conference facilities were good (although the temperature in some of the breakout rooms was a bit nippy - bring a sweater!); the food (breakfasts, lunches, breaks, receptions) was pretty fresh, abundant and tasty. Many of us noticed our cell phones seemed to drain down very, very quickly while we were in the ballroom and breakout rooms -- we jockeyed for seats next to electrical outlets so we could keep our phones charged!! We speculated as to what was causing the drain but ultimately just figured out ways to deal with the problem. As for its location, the hotel is just a couple of short blocks from the NASCAR museum (a big draw for some folks), restaurants, bars and movie theaters. It's also close to a little park and the big convention center is across the street.

Room Tip: I had Room 2033 -- its electronic door-key mechanism kept "sticking". I had the keys repl...
Green Features: Green laundry/towel policy - seemed fairly typical.
1 Thank Usf Ahec I
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte. I am pleased to know that you left our hotel feeling refreshed and renewed. We are in the perfect location and just walking distance from the sights and sounds of Uptown Charlotte - including the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

We strive for excellence and our staff assists in allowing our guests to rejuvenated.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have now stayed at the Residence inn and the Blake hotel in the city center of Charlotte and this one is the best of the three. I usually stay out in the Southpark area but had some work to do in the area on Monday and when saw a deal for a four star hotel on Hotwire I took my chances and got this one.

This is my first stay at a Westin though have stayed at Aloft and Sheraton hotels which are also part of the Starwood group. I usually stay at Marriott and Hilton hotels as have credit cards for both of them so get status which means I am used to getting atleast free internet if not a breakfast both of which are extra at Business class hotels like this.

The room was nice and bed was comfortable though not sure plan to rush out and buy it. I liked the shower as had a tall rain shower which is helpful due to my height along with a separate spray nozzle. There was plenty of space and since I am a SPG member was on the 22nd floor and had a nice view of uptown Charlotte and plenty of privacy.

The extras you need to pay for are 18 per day for parking, 12.95 for basic internet(can pay more for faster) and printing cost 55 cent per page plus time on computer. These were all free when I stayed at the Renaissance in Southpark(internet was due to me being silver).

The hotel facilities were five stars as did not use the gym but one of the larger ones I have seen as not your dinky hotel gyms with a few cardio machines and all in one device. Both the hotel lobby bar and restaurant were nicely separated from the hotel lobby and though I live in NYC so my idea of prices is warped the drinks were normal for class of place.

A few things about the hotel did almost give this place four stars though all were minor by themselves in aggregate they added up. Some room service food was left in hall it seemed like all day(see picture). The channel guide stated they had HBO and even TV stated were on HBO but it was actually SHO so was not able to see True Blood as I planned on. The business center you need to pay for does not make it easy for someone using a work computer to print something out as many hotels nowadays including the aloft hotel have systems where you can send print jobs from room down to the printer.

Overall a very nice business class hotel that is very close as I do not think any are closer to the convention center.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the uptown. You do get a nice view on the higher floors.
2 Thank bccorb
Thank you for review of The Westin Charlotte! I am pleased to know that you were able to experience The Westin Charlotte. We do offer a great view of Uptown Charlotte and are within walking distance of the sights and sounds of the area. Our heavenly bed and shower leaves one feeling refreshed and renewed.

I hope you come back to visit soon for another revitalizing experience.

Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights at this location for a conference and had a very pleasant experience. Customer service was great, rooms were clean & comfortable and I loved the convenient location. This was my first time visiting Charlotte and this hotel was in the perfect spot to explore the gorgeous downtown. It does lack a shuttle and outdoor pool, but I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words and staying with us at The Westin Charlotte. We are in a perfect location and just walking distance from all of what Uptown Charlotte has to offer. Our staff strives for excellence and want our guests to leave refreshed and renewed.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.