“Nice convention hotel”

The Westin Charlotte
Ranked #34 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall the Westin. Charlotte is a solid, well functioning property. The public spaces are attractive and well maintained. The restaurant offers good food, though they could stand a little better coordination with group reservations to better anticipate high demand periods due to conventioneers schedules. That said, the management was prompt responding to slow service and did all they could to make it right.

The rooms are quite nice with good furniture (I am a stickler for a comfortable reading chair) and a comfortable bed. Housekeeping left something to be desired, though. On check in a found a half eaten piece of candy on the floor. Day 2 there were wrappers left on the floor and the outside of the toilet was unclean. Day 3 there was a piece of food (avocado) under the desk which was not picked up and turned black (I got on my hands and knees and cleaned that myself). I their defense, they appeared a little under staffed, though. I did, however, get a good night's sleep. The bathroom was well appointed with all the toiletries one might need.

One thing to note: The elevators are quite speedy. This is important in a convention hotel. Crowds cleared easily and quickly following convention meetings.

Service is good overall. Nice, efficient people ready and willing to help. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again if I needed to be in uptown Charlotte.

Room Tip: Higher floors bring less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte.

I am pleased to know that you found our Heavenly guest rooms to leave you feeling refreshed and renewed and that our culinary experience left you feeling rejuvenated.

Guntram Merl - Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

One of the best Westins I've ever stayed at. Easy to get to from the highway, though it's on a one-way street so you do have to drive around the block to get to the main entrance. Parking onsite- valet available, (not free parking) and the parking garage is connected to the hotel too. Staff very friendly. Food was great, I liked how on the buffet line the chef listed key ingredients in the food.
Conference facilities very nice. Rooms were clean, comfortable, you have the option to not have your beds made/linens picked up in return for a voucher for either hotel points or inhouse food- however, that wasn't clearly explained at check-in- I found out about it from one of my colleagues who was also there at the conference. Close to the NASCAR museum, but a good walk to any restaurants or other activities in downtown. Right across from the convention center as well. Bring your own laptop to watch Netflix- in room movie prices- ridiculous at $18 a movie.

Room Tip: any room is good- I was right near the elevator and never heard any noise generated from the doors o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Weeble123

Thank you for your review of The Westin Charlotte.

We are situated in a great location. Just minutes walking distance from all the sights and sounds of Uptown Charlotte. Our Heavenly beds leave guests feeling refreshed and renewed. Our Make A Green Choice allows us to help the environment in many diverse ways.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Let me say that I have NEVER stayed in a hotel with a nicer restaurant staff. I would give the hotel 4 stars. Our luggage sat in the lobby for over 1.5 hours. Our ice bucket was cleaned every other day. We called and asked for towels yesterday and they never came.

HOWEVER, we ate some "five" times in the restaurant and it was unbelievable. On a scale of 1-5 it was a 10. The Manager was GREAT!!! The Servers were FANTASTIC!!! The FOOD the best I have ever had. I would come back to this hotel JUST because of the Ember Restaurant.

IN fact I WILL bring my husband back just for a night at the restaurant!!! My MOST impressive moment while in Charlotte for the American Quilt Society Show.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank captaindsanders
WestinCharlotte, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte.

I am pleased to know you had a refreshing experience and enjoyed our restaurant.

We strive for excellence and our Ember Grille is one of our treasures.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Westin Charlotte, NC. The hotel was very clean, the staff was so courteous and helpful. The Ember restaurant the food was the delicious
and the waitresses were excellent, friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte. We strive for excellence and I amp leased to know you felt that our staff, facilities, and restaurant left you feeling refreshed and renewed.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I attended two banquets and chose to stay overnight. Room was plush with a great view of uptown Charlotte. Being on the 18th surely helped.

Breakfast buffet was too expensive for the selection ($50 for the two of us) and a traveler who drives more than flies I never like the excessive parking fees. This is my only reason for giving a 4 instead of 5.

1  Thank D P

Thank you for your review of The Westin Charlotte.

I am pleased to know that you found our Heavenly guest room to be refreshing and rejuvenating. We are at the perfect location in Uptown Charlotte.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I booked online the experience at the Westin was one of the best stays I've had in Charlotte. Customer service was great the only issue I had is that there was an $18 fee to park. I believe if you stay at a 4 Star hotel parking should be free otherwise it was great

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte.

We strive for excellence and I am pleased to know we met your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Charlotte in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent a night in Charlotte just to have a night away with out going far. We rode the blue line and got dropped off at the Stonewall stop which is right beside the Westin. It was raining so this worked out great. Check in was easy and quick and off to the 11th floor we went. We had a king room facing 277 and south end but it was ok with us but if you want a downtown view, just request it and see what happens. Room was very clean and the bed and pillows were heavenly and the night was perfect.went down to the bar for a drink. We let the bartender make a choice for each of us and the drink was on the spot.hallways were quiet through our stay. Check out was easy and back on the train in just a matter of minutes from leaving the room.Hope we have an opportunity to stay again soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Charlotte. I am pleased to know that your experience left you feeling refreshed and renewed. Our Heavenly bed leaves on feeling rejuvenated.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Charlotte in the future.