“Not worth the money - even with Groupon!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Murder Mystery Company in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe. We're the ultimate solution for your holiday party, corporate event, fundraiser, dinner party, team building exercise, wedding, birthday and much more!
Charlotte, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth the money - even with Groupon!!!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My husband and I got half price tickets at Groupon and were excited to go. We both enjoy theater and we thought this would be an actual play where you take notes, with a little audience interaction. Not so! There really isn't a "show" at all. There are a few actors (believe me, I use the term very loosely) and then they select about 15 audience members to also be suspects. An audience member goes on stage and gets shot by a cast member. End of show. Then you are supposed to walk around questioning the suspects. Well, the suspects are given these binders they refer to which have certain clues they are allowed to say during the first and second interview. It is chaotic and and you have to leave your food to walk around. The food itself was pretty terrible, so we can't even say at least we got a good meal out of it. We asked for water and they brought us bottled water and charged us for it! They also take your picture and try to sell it to you for $20. Overall, I think this is a terrible waste of money and I can't believe they are still in business.

Visited December 2012
8 Thank Momhudd

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent group to work with!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The Murder Mystery Company worked with us on an event and were outstanding. Their customer service is top notch and the employees/actors were polite and welcoming. We had a fun-filled, exciting evening and everyone came away happy. Thanks!

Visited November 2012
charlotte,n.c.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't bother.”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Waste of time and money unless you're drinking and want to get silly in front of your friends and strangers at an extra cost.

6 Thank puddytat1
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We were looking forward to a fun night out - and it couldn't have been worse. The food was cafeteria quality or worse. The act was poor and didn't make much sense, and we actually sat next to the stage. Wonder about all of these people who thought this was great, they must not go out much, or have very low standards!! Not worth you money or time.

6 Thank Rikke D
Altoona, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I got to participate! It made my night. My partner Gary is a regular gumshoe! He was so into the mystery I thought he was going to start shouting out. A great time that we will do again! Really professional!

1 Thank Randall F