“Murder Mystery Dinner. 80's Theme”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Murder Mystery Company in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe. We're the ultimate solution for your holiday party, corporate event, fundraiser, dinner party, team building exercise, wedding, birthday and much more!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Murder Mystery Dinner. 80's Theme”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I expected more professional theatrical performance but it was more like slightly organized chaos. I went to the 80's mystery dinner. The performance was done by random people in the group with only three organizers knowing what was going on. The food was good but you have to pay for a drink so I just had water. It was buffet style with nothing that resembled preferred seating. Do not waste money on the extras! The plot was hard to follow and it was poorly organized for the cost. The website is a bit deceptive (misrepresentation). I would not go back or recommend this event. I went on 10-27-13 On the website it says "Interactive dinnertime murder mystery that stars professional actors tests diners’ sleuthing skills throughout a multicourse meal" Very deceptive description.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Karenlynn0123

Mount Holly, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Murder Mystery Dinner at South Charlotte Banquet Center 6/22/13”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The theme was 30's. It was fun. It was held at the South Charlotte Banquet Center and very nice place. The food wasn't that great, but the show was. I got this from groupon, and I had been to a previous Murder Mystery Show. I can't wait to attend another

Visited June 2013
2 Thank CorinnaT95
Gastonia, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

While I would have liked more of a "scripted play", I enjoyed the improv and audience interaction. I enjoyed the fact that we needed to introduce ourselves to the other tablemates; like making friends. I attended in Cramerton instead of Charlotte although I have been to the Freedom Drive location before (even for this SAME show!) Location, setup, the room & acoustics, and food was definitely much better in Cramerton. If food & service is bad, it tends to make an impression on the whole evening. A few of the audience "actors" did a better job than the "real" actors or with more animation. Maybe a musician performing while we were eating would help with the flow instead of stops & starts. We needed paper & pencils at the table to get the clues. More direction is really needed before the audience gets up to ask the questions because a lot of people really had "no clue"....I've been to 3 and would go again.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 2furbabies
Charlotte, North Carolina
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Dinner Show”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Myself and a couple of ladies attended one of the dinner shows. The show was not very good at all. The food did not have a taste. Not very impressed. We purchased a groupon deal, but will not return.

Visited June 2012
7 Thank dc02109
Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Waste of time, money, and appetite”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

What murder mystery? If I hadn't spent $60 per person plus drinks on this I may have been able to laugh this off, as it is it was the worst night we have had in a long time. Here's why: Acting, its not a play, its structured improv. Since the sound was awful and there was no lighting it was impossible to see or hear. The premise of having the cast square off in the audience didnt work---the scenario was not graspable. A disaster gives this production too much credit. Now, about the food. The chicken was thigh meat wrapped in nondescript balls, the sirloin was overcooked and tasteless AND the brococli came to the table STILL FROZEN! Audience members were collectively piling servings on a single plate and sending the garbage back! Thank God they were tiny portions.

After this, if you still go to this show, you will have wasted your money as I did.

9 Thank BeemerScreamer