“"So-So" - A "Green" hotel, but I still prefer Garden Inns”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tennessee
“"So-So" - A "Green" hotel, but I still prefer Garden Inns”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

All in all- it was OK....Only complaint was there was 1/2 bottle of wine and used cartons of milk left in refrigerator. If you really like the idea of a green, environmentally friendly hotel, this is a cool concept, but overall just an average, clean hotel with basic amenities

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are glad you like the Home2 concept! I sincerely apologize that you found a bottle of wine and used cartons of milk in your refrigerator. That is unacceptable and I have addressed this issue with my staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate all of your feedback. Thanks again for your time!

Juan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It has been several years since I have had to stay in a hotel and was a little apprehensive since we have 3 kids(11, 4 & 2). My husband and I were extremely impressed by the spacious room and kitchen appliances. Our kids had plenty of room to be kids and the kitchen provided some of the conveniences of home. the beds were super comfortable! The continental breakfast had just enough choices to satisfy all of our different tastes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Elizabeth W
Dear Elizabeth W,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad we could accommodate your family. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your kind words. We are delighted your family had enough room and were comfortable in our suite. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte!

South Chesterfield, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is very romantic but it is also family friendly. The decor in the lobby is absolutely beautiful and the outside firepit was gorgeous. The complimentary breakfast was cozy and not too noisy. While we were there the Fire Marshall was there to test the system and they called our room to let us know it was only a test. I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Roland I
Dear Roland I,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Home2 in Charlotte, NC and we appreciate your positive feedback! We are very delighted you enjoyed our décor and amenities and thank you so much for cooperating with us while we had the Fire Marshall here! Thanks again for your wonderful feedback and we hope you see you again soon!

Ladys Island, Sc
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Selected this hotel based upon online reviews and the location in relation to Charlotte. My wife and I couldn't have been happier. The suite was large and immaculate. Breakfast was lacking but our joy in the quality of our accommodations more than made up for it. We could have stayed a month and felt right at home!!

1 Thank amurray751
Dear amurray751,

Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate the positive feedback and we are happy to hear you were pleased with all of the accommodations. We recently were able to roll out a couple new items for breakfast and we hope you guys will be back to check it out! Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate all of your feedback. We are especially glad we could make you feel at home! Thanks again for your time!

Southaven, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My first experience with this chain and was generally well pleased. The breakfast was lacking in my view. There were a few bugs but I think this was a brand new facility and that is to be expected. The staff was most helpful and courteous. Noise levels were at a minimum and the beds were very comfortable.

Dear Kenneth D

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very glad to hear the staff was pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed the comfortable beds. We have been working on our variety at breakfast and we were able to roll out some new items! We hope you guys will be back to check it out! Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlotte!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We recently stayed here overnight on our way to Charleston. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. The property was spotlessly clean, the room was very well appointed and the staff friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was particularly good, excellent granola. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The location is very convenient for I77
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel520
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Rachel520,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you would recommend us. We hope that you will think of us when you travel to the Carolinas again.

Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was awed by this hotel. It is so swanky, but not stuffy. I walked into my room and was amazed at the size. The furnishings and amenities were perfect for my needs, and the location is great! Just right outside of the city and close to the airport. The breakfast had a lot of healthy options and didn't shut down at 8. Free guest wifi, wonderful pool and awesome bathrooms (yes, I had to mention the bathroom). I have never stayed at or even heard of a Home 2 before but I will definitely keep a look out for this hotel. Especially if all of their beds are as comfy as the one I'm in now!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Amanda V
Dear Amanda V,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will return next time you are in Charlotte.