“Clean, modern, fresh, quiet rooms”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Troy, New York
“Clean, modern, fresh, quiet rooms”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I like this hotel and have stayed on several visits to area. Good internet connectivity (wireless and wired); quiet rooms, comfortable work space, comfortable bed, nice size shower (no tub). I like the euro-modern feel. Polite staff. Nice outdoor fire pit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear RoadWarrior47,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear you enjoy your stays at Home2 and have been coming back! We are glad we can accommodate you with our amenities and please let us know if we can do anything else to ensure you have a comfortable stay! Thanks again for taking the time to give us some positive feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Juan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. The rooms are large and the entire hotel is very clean. The rooms have a trendy minimalistic theme but that's fine. Breakfast was decent as well, but more seating area would be nice. My only complaint is that the hotel is not in the greatest location, but I still felt very safe. Plenty of room in each room for 4 adults. Also, they say they have a limited housekeeping schedule but they offered to clean our room on a weekend day, which I didn't think happened. Overall I was very impressed and would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear agxb99,

Thanks for your positive feedback! I am glad you had enough room in your suite for everyone and you felt safe at our property. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did and we are delighted you had a comfortable stay with us at Home2! We would love to see you guys on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. No restaurants walkable nearby. Rooms have a microwave, mid-size fridge, glasses, bowls, silverware, mini coffee maker, just no stove. Very comfortable bed. Everything worked well, and quiet. They have a serve-yourself breakfast but didn't have time to try. They do sell drinks and pre-prepared food (sandwiches, wraps, hotpockets) from the front desk. Would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear DiverScientist,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at Home2! We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities in the suite and the comfortable bed. We appreciate the feedback and we would love to see you on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a Problem before we even got there. It was my birthday surprise and my wife booked the room and told them NOT to send a e mail conformation because I would see we were going somewhere. Well< guess what? They sent an e mail. I figured out what we were going for my birthday before we left town. Next was, we were going to a MNF game. And the guy who checked us in said, "You can walk to the train, It's just a half mile". Well we set out to walk, 3/4 of a mile we turned and went back to our car at the motel. Once we got in the car and clocked the mileage it is 1.5 miles to the station. We told the guy don't tell anyone it's a half mile.
So the next morning we are eating breakfast in the lobby, I guess the manager came to us and asked about our stay. We told him everything that happened and he said he would comp the room for us. He was very understanding and sorry, He didn't have to do that for us.
Very nice big room, Clean and new. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mike M.,

Thank you so much for letting us know how we did here at Home2 Charlotte. We sincerely apologize an email was sent and that we gave you misleading information about the distance to the train. I have discussed this with my team. We are glad you guys enjoyed the clean suite and hope you had a great weekend other than those couple hiccups. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is in a nice location with relatively short commutes to both the airport and downtown Charlotte. The pictures on the website were a little misleading in that there isn't a hot tub, but rather a fountain at the end of the pool. Everything else was top-notch and the staff was very polite and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Jacob S.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at Home2 Charlotte. I apologize the picture on the website was misleading and we will definitely have to take a look at that. I am very glad to hear my staff was polite and friendly! Thanks again for your kind words and we would love to have you back on your next trip to Charlotte!

Melbourne
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance South Park Charlotte last time and were a bit disappointed when we pulled up at Home2 not really knowing what to expect. Right near busy roads and not too prepossessing looking we were a little disappointed. However the staff made us at home and despite a few marks on the hall carpets the room was great. Nice decor, lots of appointments including microwave, fridge, hair dryer. All modern and well looked after. We loved the beds too. We were tired after a flight up from NYC and the usual time wasting picking up a hire car and a few grocery items etc. so the comfy bed was a pleasure.Slept like a log.

I also had a bicycle being delivered from Portland Oregon and kept pestering the staff about when it would arrive and who I should call. Being from OS I was a tad clueless on how it all works. They could not be more helpful. When I left I forgot to give them a tip and will have to remember to double tip next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Clivecheddar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did. I am delighted to hear that my staff made you feel at home and that you enjoyed our comfy beds! I am also glad my staff could assist you with getting your bicycle. Thanks again for your response and we would love to see you on your next trip to Charlotte.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I normally stay in the South Park area when I’m in Charlotte but everything there was either booked or totally overpriced so I decided to finally give the Home2 Suites brand a try. I always wanted to check them out since they came on the market. As a single traveler I like the concept with full kitchens in the room and a little bit more space to spread out. I booked a 1 bedroom suite and was pleasantly surprised of the size of the room. I would just call the placement of the furniture in the living room/kitchen area very functional but not homey. Everything is kind of lined up at on one wall. But as it is a hotel room and not my personal apartment I can totally live with it. The furniture and the decoration are very modern and in a nice light color scheme, I really liked that. This room type has a separate bedroom and a larger bathroom with lots of cabinet space. The bed is more on the softer side which I don't like that much but the pillows were some of the best I ever had in a hotel.

When preparing for my trip I read on tripadvisor that this building should be a bit noisy and that people recommend getting a room on the top floor if possible. Unfortunately I forgot about it when I checked in and got a room on the second floor. No noise problems at the first night but at the second night I obviously had a family with small kid(s) in the room above me and their running back and forth permanently really made me crazy. Thankfully they stopped at around 10pm and didn't start again before 10am the next morning so at least my sleep wasn't really disturbed. I will still try to remember asking for a top floor room in case I should stay here again.

The free breakfast was a big disappointment for me. It is only offered until 9am even on weekends. I understand this brand sees itself mainly as a place for business travelers so their guests will be off to work by then but what about the leisure traveler who doesn't want to get up in the middle of the night when on vacation!? Also there weren't that many choices, mainly prepacked food. The seating was a bit odd to me as well; just one big social table as they call it. Nothing social about it though as everybody was sitting there awkwardly typing into their smartphones. I decided to make that a one time experience and get my own breakfast to eat in the room the next morning. As you have everything there to prepare something nice at the time you want it it’s not a big problem if you are aware of it in advance and can do some grocery shopping.

Overall it was a good stay for a reasonable price but I will probably not become a regular here or at another Home2 Suites. I would give them a 3.5 if I could but the system doesn't let me so I have to go with the average.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Niccolonia,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at Home2. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the décor and spacious suite. I apologize that you were disappointed with our breakfast times and selection. I will definitely mention this to our brand as we are always trying to improve our guest’s experiences. We hope you give us another try in the near future. We would love to have you! Thanks again!