“Comfy stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, ON
“Comfy stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night travelling to and from Florida. The room had everything we needed and was very clean with nice furniture. We found the bed comfortable and the room spacious and quiet. The staff was very friendly. We liked the room so much that we stayed again another night on the way home. Our only issue was that breakfast was not that exciting. The space for eating was one long bar height table that would maybe seat a dozen people or so. The menu did not contain a lot of options but did suffice before we got on the road again. The 24/7 coffee option was enjoyed by my husband but there was also an in room coffee maker if you didn't wish to leave your room. We did not visit the pool area. There are a few restaurants just the opposite way by the highway if you need a place for dinner. We would stay again when travelling as the most important features for us are new, clean and comfortable rooms.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa N
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Lisa N,

We really appreciate this great review! I am delighted to hear that you and your family also decided to stay with us again on the return trip. Your opinion about our breakfast offering is very important to us. We will make sure that Home2 Brand Team is aware of this valuable feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and letting us be your Home2 for a few days! We appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Juan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The rooms were modern and clean and easy on and off the highway. Each room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It was like being home. Nice clean bathrooms -- and I am a major stickler for clean -- I would come back and stay anytime.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 23anita
Dear 23anita,

Our entire team is pleased that you enjoyed your clean accommodations. We are dedicated to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you so much for this review. Your business is very much valued and appreciated. We can’t wait to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family for a hockey tournament in Feb 2014. Although it was not our first choice, this hotel worked out great and even accepted our new family pet puppy. The property is nice, with easy access and lots of available parking. The rooms are great with a kitchenette and full size refrig. They have two nice patios and even have outdoor grills so you can do some cost cutting and cook at the hotel. We really enjoyed all the conveniences.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Glittone
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Glittone,

The pleasure is ours to have been able to accommodate your family and pet pup! Thank you for deciding to say with us at Home2 for the first time! I sincerely hope that on your next visit to Charlotte you, your family, and pet pup will return. We appreciate the review and all the value information you’ve provided for future travelers coming to Charlotte!

new haven, connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel, the staff, location and the amenities (gym and pool) are top of the line....the rooms are spacious, appliances, modern, the bed ultra comfortable and the hotel is seriously clean from the hallways, inside of your room and even each entrance and exit is constantly attended....incredible the detail of keeping the hotel clean. The lobby is gorgeous along with the cool fire pit/patio area outside....I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the greater Charlotte area over the past decade and a half and this one might be the best yet.....it rivals the Hyatt Place and House in uptown Charlotte....pricing was also excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

1 Thank vinmarine1
Dear vinmarine1,

THANK YOU so much for your amazing review! We are honored to have you describing us as “close to perfection” when your travels are so extensive. I noticed you’re a senior contributor with TripAdvisor, and your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. We welcome you back to your Home2 in Charlotte anytime!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is wonderful. The bedding is extremely comfortable. I stay here every time I am in Charlotte. Juan really knows how to take care of his guests. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether passing through or staying for an extended period of time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Casey H,

We appreciate your business! Thank you for this wonderful review of our property. Our team’s number one goal is to make sure our guests have a wonderful hotel experience when visiting Charlotte. I am pleased to know that we provided you this experience. Your business and recommendation is very much appreciated. We look forward to your next Home2 visit!

Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Fantastic stay. The bedding is super comfortable. We stay here every time we are in Charlotte. The staff is wonderful and welcoming. I highly recomend this hotel to anyone traveling through. Evan is a addition to this hotel. Hes a keeper.

Room Tip: I like room 411
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Fagles,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was here at Home2. I am so delighted that my staff gives you a warm welcome and Evan is a great addition to the hotel! Thank you for the recommendation and we can’t wait to see you guys on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Juan
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was a guest the same week the epic ice/snow storm slammed the east coast. The state of North Carolina and the city of Charlotte were in the "bulls eye" and were really slammed. The weather was horrible! So much so that the governor declared a state of emergency! The iced over roads kept myself & other guests inside Home2 Suites at I -77. The Home2 Suites team were real troopers, with Juan, Cynthia and Kareem being EXCEPTIONAL! Their actions spoke volumes, saying safety & customer comfort were their primary focus! Even though there was limited staff, with a "full " hotel, the hotel continued to be clean, trash cleared ,clean linens provided and breakfast continued to be served. The team went car-to-car, in their parking lot, placing windshield wipers in the vertical position, so they wouldn't freeze onto the windshield. Home2 is in a business complex with two other hotels, a bank and a 4 story office building. However, Home2 was the 1st and only, to shovel the snow & clear the ice on their sidewalks & in their parking lot. Keeping all of us safe, when we did venture out. Throughout it all the Home2 team was ALWAYS polite, ALWAYS smiling, ALWAYS wanting to know what more they could do for their guests! Home2 will be my FIRST and ONLY choice for any return trips to Charlotte.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank G8rHome
Dear G8rHome,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy we were able to make sure you guys were as comfortable as possible! I will be sure to show my team this awesome response and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did! It is our pleasure to help in any way possible and we can’t wait to see you guys on your next trip to Charlotte, NC. Thanks again!

Juan