“A-Plus lodgings, service, and amenities”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South
Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia, South Carolina
“A-Plus lodgings, service, and amenities”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you are staying in Charlotte, NC, this hotel is strongly recommended as an ESTEEMED hotel of choice. Business, Family, couples, or just traveling thru, this hotel is a gem for whatever your lodging needs/desires may be.

Juan, the GM, was fantastic. He greeted EVERYONE at breakfast, even the children. I always appreciate when my children are acknowledged in a friendly, warm manner. It makes THEM feel special. Juan also answered a concern I had for connecting my smartphone to the WiFi. And, he worked the front desk for a while during our stay. I admire, and subscribe to the concept of Leadership-By-Example. Nice going, Juan!

Toni, Sales Director was phenomenal. She patiently answered all questions during the creation of the reservation, and unexpectedly provided my sons with treats. They LOVED that! It was a dynamic example of the fine customer service at this hotel.

Cynthia was great. She always answered my questions with a smile, and even laughed at my jokes. (I usually require an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes, so, sometimes, I'm not as funny as I think I am, but can usually spark laughter. Wait, was THAT funny?..lol)

Nguessman, (I KNOW I spelled his name incorrectly, and I sincerely apologize), but he was wonderful at check-in, and he helped me find a great place to eat, even after 10:30pm on a Wednesday evening.

Jessica was top-notch for the brief time I saw her. Warm smile, great attitude, and genuine enthusiasm.

HK did a fine job. The room was very clean and they kept us supplied with fresh wash cloths, at our requests.

Ms. Campos: I enjoyed her attention to detail, and her willingness to help, even when she wasn't asked. She seemed very glad to help us find out when the maintenance man would be done cleaning the pool. I felt very well taken care of, even if we had to wait a little while. It was well worth the wait. Antonio did a good job, and there was nothing but fun, fun, fun in a clean and lovely pool.

The room was spacious, neat and very clean, as I said previously. The laundry room, and fitness room were very nice, and we gratefully used both. The pool was very nice, wonderfully refreshly, and even though it was indoors, it felt GREAT even in mid-April (My youngest can finally swim, and he swam his first genuine strokes in this hotel's pool). This hotel has a feature that I'd missed the first visit months ago. They are pet friendly. We don't have any pets (unless you count the occasional times I'm in the "doghouse" from my wife..lol) Unlike most pet friendly hotels, there were no smells, or "other unpleasant evidence" - in fact, there were no barking, or other noises. I love dogs, anyway, so it was nice seeing them with their owners.

The breakfast is filling, and the atmosphere is delightful.

We hope availability is favorable for our summer vacationing plans....we will definitely return. This hotel is 100% recommended for all.

Room Tip: The staff goes above and beyond expected efforts to accommodate each guests. I overheard one guest e...
4 Thank Reggie S
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Reggie S,

Wow! Thank you for this heartfelt review. It's very important to us at Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 to provide our guests with a memorable and engaging experience. I am pleased to know that our team showed your family "southern hospitality" during their stay. As a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor, your reviews are very important to other travelers when deciding accommodations in Charlotte. Thank you for the feedback, but more importantly, thank you for being our guest.

We look forward to having both you and your family back anytime!

Juan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've travelled for business and leisure for thirty plus years/all around the country and can honestly say that this hotel ranks right up there with the best in terms of quality of the property and the care and service provided from the staff. Everyone from the GM Juan to Cynthia at the front desk went out of their way to accommodate our requests and went above and beyond any opportunity they could. They even gave us a Monopoly game to use and keep which was well used during our stay due to the poor weather outside. :) The rooms were very large & spacious and definitely gave us peace of mind especially since our children are older and most standard hotel rooms just can't provide the same for a reasonable price.

Many thanks Home2 Charlotte staff... for the special care, clean hotel, comfortable rooms and overall great experience. You can be sure we'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: For larger familes you'll want to be sure to ask for the larger King Suite which provides you wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Scott H,

What an honor to have a wonderful review from such a travelled businessman. It was a pleasure to have both you and your family as our guests. It’s important for other travelers to read experiences like yours when making their travel decisions based on honest feedback from TripAdisor contributors. Thank you again for taking the time to review Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South, and more importantly thank you for being our guests.

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. Have an indoor pool, free breakfast, good quality mattresses, and had regular sized fridge. The hotel allows pets, for an extra fee, so expect to see dogs, but the walls are very well sound proof - did not hear any barking.

The location is about 6 miles south from downtown Charlotte and about 5 miles north of Carolwinds amusement park.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Doug M,

Your review is so important to us! We see that you have been a great Contributor to TripAdvisor, and it’s travelers like you who help others determine where to stay when on the road. Thank you so much for letting TripAdvisor viewers know about Home2 by Hilton-I77 South in Charlotte. We would love to have you, your friends, family, and any furry friends back anytime! Thanks again for the great review, and more importantly, for being our guest.

Pass Christian, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel was an excellent choice. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were spacious and clean and it was in a good location. I will look to this hotel first on all future stays in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jeremy M,

Thank you for this awesome review on TripAdvisor! We are more than thankful for your return business. Our goal is provide an engaging experience with clean, comfortable accommodations. I am pleased to know that our Home2 team provided you with the hospitality and accommodations you deserve when on the road!

Florence, SC
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Hotel is clean and spacious, front desk very helpful.Very family oriented. The room has microwave, fridge, pots and pans and utensils.The complementary breakfast is a plus! I would definitely recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Cripp23,

Wow! Thanks for your kind review. Nothing pleases us more than to know our team was helpful and kind to your family. A recommendation to friends and family is the ultimate compliment. We are more than grateful that you will do that for our Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South. We cannot wait to welcome you and your family back to our hotel. Thank you for being our guest.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Rooms are very nice clean and large. Nice lobby, check in and out was super easy. Dont bother trying to eat the breakfast on a weekend. Super crowded and things were not refilled very often. We stood in line over 20 mins for one waffle. Food was not bad, when you could get it.

3 Thank Renee H
Dear Renee H,

Thank you for the review on TripAdisor. Your feeback is very important to us. We will work on our breakfast with our team to make sure we can assist in serving our guests more promptly. Our goal is to make sure your entire experience is top notch. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all of the other accommodations, and hope you give us a chance again soon! Thank you for choosing Home2. We appreciate your business.

Germanton, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean, and organized. Our room was very nice and many well thought out features I haven't encountered at other hotels. Indoor pool was fabulous for kids. Breakfast line was long due to slow waffle maker. Water in room for showers day of check out never got hot, it was barely warm. Overall - good stay, will go back.

1 Thank Amy S
Dear Amy S,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! Thank you for noticing the design of our rooms that were specially designed to be more functional than other hotel rooms. We’re so happy your children got to enjoy our Indoor Saline Pool, which is a feature not many hotels have in Charlotte! We’ve worked diligently on hot water concerns, and they have been resolved. We also appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast. Thank you again for choosing Home2 in Charlotte, and we can’t wait to see you and your family here again.