“Loved the hotel”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South
Ranked #12 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great, very modern accomodations with plenty of power plugs (a must these days). The breakfast has a big variety of items, instead of the standard pre-made omelettes / scrambled eggs / bacon / sausage / potato breakfasts typically found. Oh, and the rooms do not have regular keycards, but prox cards.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Felipe G
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Felipe G,

Our team was pleased to have your as our guest! Thanks for taking the time to let TripAdvisor know how spacious and convenient our rooms are for the modern traveler. We want to sincerely thank you for your business. We sincerely hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was very impressed with the quality of service. The staff remembered my name...and went out of their way,
I always felt safe and comfortable....and I promise you after traveling as long I have,,,you really appreciate...customer service above and beyond....clean rooms...friendly staff.
The Hotel also has a patio with grills. For me that was awesome....I get so tried of eating out....and it's tough to find meals that are healthy when eating out.
I grilled my dinner almost every night....which was relaxing...and the patio area with the grills is sort of the social area at night time. So others that came to grill, well we all relaxed and chatted.
I stayed at the hotel for over 3 months....and always the same every time....never any shockers...dependable and reliable staff and service.

Room Tip: I loved the shades in the room...they fit the windows perfectly...and there is no light that comes i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TheTravelingDot

Dear TheTravelingDot,

We are humbled by this amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain to TripAdvisor viewers your experience at Home2 Suites by Hilton-77 South. Our extended stay guests become part of our extended family! It's was a complete honor to have your as our guest. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was unfamiliar with this brand until this stay, but was pleasantly surprised by pretty much everything. It is a new property, and is sparkly clean. The rooms are large and laid out quite well. They all have a kitchenette area that is stocked with dishes and utensils, full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher. There is no stove or oven, but you can get a hot plate from the front desk upon request. There is no shortage of restaurants in the area, but the kitchen is enough to make dinner when you just don't want to go out. The beds were very comfortable, and there was more workspace than I knew what to do with.
My favorite part of the hotel were the two large comfortable outdoor patios. They were so mice, my coworkers and I ended up working outside most of the time because there were outlets and tables in the shade. There was a small pool and workout room that I did not really get a chance to check out, but will on my next stay.
The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful, Krupa and Toni were especially helpful in setting up future reservations for me and my coworker.
The breakfast leaves a little to be desired, but you can always get some groceries and use the kitchen in your room if you get sick of the limited selection. There is also an amazing breakfast place called Terrace Cafe not too far away.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area, and have already made plans to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank offB
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear offB,

Your review was great!! Thanks for providing a genuine review for other TripAdvisor viewers to read. We are honored to be your new "go-to" hotel in Charlotte! I am pleased to hear that our staff, Krupa, and Toni provided you with top-notch service. It has been a true pleasure providing our hospitality to your and your group. Thank you for your business, and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for a week in June, and have re-booked. The staff of this hotel is truly exceptional, and they go out of their way to make sure every guest has a good experience. Beds were comfortable, and rooms were immaculate. It's nice that they strive to run a green hotel too. Bring your own bar of soap and shampoo if you don't like liquid soaps. We did run into the infamous noise issue on a few nights, and agree that it's worth asking if a room without neighbors is available. Between the fantastic staff, the cleanliness, the kitchen areas in the rooms (no oven or burners, but you can borrow a hot plate) and being able to have a light breakfast, this hotel is definitely a Best Value for Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sharon T

Dear Sharon T,

Your review was wonderful! Thank you for providing TripAdvisor viewers honest and candid information about Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South-Charlotte, NC. We appreciate your return business to our hotel! Our staff is honored to have provided hospitality for you and your family. Thanks again for choosing Home2. We look forward to see you next time you're in town.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Liked the layout of the room, 2 beds plus sleeper sofa. Also, pet friendly with actual grass and sidewalks to walk the dogs. Breakfast was okay, it's free. Close and easy access to I-77 and Billy Graham Library and maybe 10=15 minutes from downtown. Sounded like a running toddler above us the first night but that stopped so didn't bother to call the desk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Teresa T

Dear Teresa T,

We really appreciate your taking the time review us on TripAdvisor. It is an honor to be chosen as your preferred hotel for your trip to Charlotte. Thanks for pointing out our convenient location for other travelers. Our goal is provide your family a clean, comfortable, and engaging place to stay during your trip. I am pleased to see that we did provide this for you. Thank you again for choosing Home2. More importantly, thanks to you and your family for being our guests.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel was great, clean and the staff was helpful. The lady working the early morning shift packed us a breakfast to go for our flight. She was very helpful and emailed our receipt to us. The suites are beautiful and spacious. Everything was very clean. It is just too noisy in between rooms. Not sure I will stay here again without making sure we don't have someone in the room next to us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie G
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Stephanie G,

Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate the genuine feedback provided on this TripAdvisor Review. My sincerest apologies for the noise level you experience during your stay. Next time you're in Charlotte, please let us know and we will ensure you a room that is more quiet during your stay. Once again, thank you for your overall wonderful review of our team and property. We value your business, and want you to consider us again for a future trip to Charlotte.

Juan T

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is great for a family stay. The patios areas where we could gather were very relaxing and being able to be outside while still watching the young people in the pool was nice. Liked the layout of the room. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 489elizabethg
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear 489elizabethg,

We're very pleased to hear your family enjoyed Home2. Our goal is to provide family's and business travelers a nice place to relax and feel free to be themselves. It's great to know your family did just that! We are honored that you took the time to share your experience. Please come back and visit next time you're in Charltote!!

Juan T