“Beautiful New Property”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South
Ranked #14 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having stayed at 100's of Hilton properties over the years, I can easily say that Home2 Suites is a brand concept that Hilton has needed in their portfolio for MANY years!
Easy in, easy out - tons of amenities, yet the ability to be left alone by housekeeping for days at a time, yet service when needed.

This property is absolutely beautiful! Inside and out, this hotel is welcoming, comfortable, and nice and quiet!

I had been up and on the go for 8 hours when I boarded my 3 hour flight to Charlotte, so when I arrived at the property I wanted a smooth check in, a nice cool (actually chilly) room, a soft bed, and no noise! That's just what I experienced!

The lobby area is beautiful, and very spacious... expect during breakfast when it is packed! We stayed on a Friday night, and Saturday breakfast was definitely packed to capacity. The area did not handle a the large crowds that were there on a Saturday morning. With the pace of business travelers on a weekday morning, I don't think the same problem would be experienced during the work week - but we certainly did on a weekend morning!

We stayed in a 1 BR Suite and it was wonderful! Very spacious, well equipped, and comfortable.

When traveling through the area again, we will definitely keep the Home2 Suites in mind!

Finally, the return to the interstate was VERY simple!

Room Tip: Book a 1BR if it is available!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank admit_it
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Admit_It,

Thank you for your candid review and feedback! We're honored that a Top Contributor with TripAdvisor really enjoyed our hotel. Our goal is provide our guest with clean and comfortable accommodations, combined with an engaging experience. Based on your review, I am pleased to know our team did that for you! Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor, but more importantly, thank you for being our guest. Come back to see us soon.

All The Best,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This would be a wonderful place for an extended stay with all the kitchen facilities. We did not need any of the kitchen for such a short stay, but were very impressed with the size of the rooms, cleanliness, quietness. Because it was a pet friendly hotel I expected it to smell like pets, however it could not have been any cleaner or fresher.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
4  Thank Jeannie D
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Jeannie D,

Thank you for letting others know of the benefits our hotel would be to an extended stay traveler! We appreciate your kind and honest review. Our team takes pride in keeping the hotel clean and fresh for our guests. TripAdvisor viewers will appreciate your valuable feedback when making a decision. We appreciate your business, and thank you again for being our guest.

All The Best,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The girls and I had a wonderful stay. We were greeted with smiles and professionalism from check-in to check-out. Christopher was delightful and addressed our every need. The hotel was beautiful and clean. Our double queen suite was spacious and had more than enough storage. We thoroughly enjoyed the saline pool. Our stay at Home2 Suites felt like home away from home. We will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank T R

Dear T R,

Thanks again for taking the time to review our property. You and your friends were so kind! We enjoyed seeing your around the hotel, and appreciate that you guys were having a great time at Home2 Charlotte! Chris is a wonderful addition to our team! Thanks for taking note of his care for guests. Once again, thank you for this great review, and most importantly thank you and your friends for being our guests.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Every year We( Group of girlfriends)get together and get away from everyday duties which may consist of a variety of things; mother, wife, employee, etc. and just needed time for ourselves. We decided on Charlotte and after much research in looking for a hotel to meet our needs. We found this gorgeous place through trip advisor. The reviews met our expectations and beyond. The front desk staff was fantastic especially Christopher. I had an issue with my billing, a stain on one of the bedspreads in the double queen suite and requested extra blankets for our room . He was very apologetic and promptly brought me a clean bedspread and blankets to our room. He was also very helpful in giving us info and directions to local eateries. Christopher also informed his General Manager(Juan) of the issues from the day before and Juan promptly took care of the billings issues and were very apologetic. They were very nice and professional. I am a very picky person and would go back to this place without a doubt. I have a 9 day course coming up,in Sept of this year and plan to reside here during that time.This place is Very clean, provides a healthy nutritious breakfast daily from 6 am to 9am, saline indoor pool, and beautiful decor inside and out. There is also a fireplace outside in the sitting area near the front entrance.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank T R
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear t r,

It was a pleasure hosting you and your friends at Home2! Thanks for taking the time to let other TripAdvisor members know honest feedback regarding our hotel. We're pleased to know that we resolved some concerns that you had early in your stay, and turned it into a pleasant experience for you and your friends! We hope your turn your annual "girlfriends" trip to an annual trip to Home2 Charlotte! Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Home2 Suites, a Hilton hotel is located at a peaceful location of Charlotte at Tyvola Circle. It is a residential area slightly away from the center of Charlotte, which itself is a small town. The travel time to airport is about 30 min and the hotel can be easily located.

Rooms: As the name suggests the rooms are like suites rather than hotel rooms, well suited for families but comfortable for business travelers also. The big rooms come with a small but well appointed kitchenette. It is enough to cook small meals for travelers coming from outside countries like India. The beds are very comfortable and even a standard room comes with two queen beds. The rooms and corridors and the total hotel premises are very neat and clean. There is ample space also around the hotel. It is not a very big hotel, but built on four floors only. For that matter, high rise buildings are less in Charlotte.

Amenities & Food: The rooms come with all basic amenities like coffee maker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher etc. 24 hrs Wi Fi is free. Coffee and tea is freely available at the reception area, which is normally a practice in many Hilton hotels. Breakfast spread is kept near the reception area, but have limited items like bread, cornflakes, pancakes, dry fruits etc to offer. Other than this, the hotel doesn't have a restaurant and one cannot get lunch or dinner here. But the front desk staff is very cooperative and they provide you menus of a variety of nearby restaurants, who will deliver the food to you. You can call a Taxi also from the counter.

The front desk staff are very cooperative. Names of Janette and Krupa are worth mentioning (Krupa is on Indian origin). Other staff including the Manager will be available at the breakfast table with a smile, always to help you.

Overhaul, it is a very nice hotel experience without the hustle and bustle of a big star hotel. You will get good sleep here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, as all four sides are open.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ngkunni

Dear ngkunni,

Thank you for the candid review on TripAdvisor. It's well-traveled guests like you who assist others when making important hotel decisions when coming to Charlotte. I am pleased that you took the time to remember and note a few of our team member's names as well. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We really appreciate your business. Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am writing this to make sure everyone who reads other reviews about the water pressure issue over the weekend knows the exact truth and behind the scenes how the ENTIRE staff at the hotel handled the situation. DO NOT BLAME THE HOTEL for the lack of water, lack of communication, etc. about the water issues they had over the weekend. The City of Charlotte did NOT keep them informed, updated and aware of the situation so plain and simple the hotel could not provide the guests with the info. SO , with that being said, EVERYONE at Home 2 handled this extremely profressional without question. They deeply felt sorry to the entire hotel guests having the problems and most of all were very genuine in trying to make it better. It's like the same thing if your flight is changed due to an act of God. They were at the mercy of the city and there was nothing they could do. Now, let's not forget how awesome Home 2 is, and especially Charlotte as this is my NUMBER 1 hotel when I travel right now, and it is the best layout, service, comfort, and is always extremely perfect in every way. Thank you to the entire staff and make sure when you read other reviews about the hotel and the water issue you know the truth. Thank you Hotel 2 for making my stay awesome like it always is. God Bless!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan W
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your candid review! We recognize that you are a Senior Contributor to TripAdivosr, and value your comments. We appreciate the feedback provided by our guests. Glad that Home2 Team took care of your during a challenging time in the area. Our goal is to make our guests experiences wonderful no matter what happens during their stay. We thank you again for your review and your business. Come back and visit anytime!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Of the 5 hotels we stayed in during our trip to North Carolina, Home2 Suites is the most family friendly of all of them. From the friendly welcome to the rooms with kitchenette (including full refrigerator, large microwave and dishwasher) and great value for money. Highly recommend this hotel to any family planning a stay in Charlotte or arriving / departing from the airport.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CWALLirl

Hi CRWALLirl,

Thank you for taking the time to give TripAdvisor reviewers advice regarding Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South. It pleases us to know that you and your family had a wonderful experience with our property. Families are welcomed and encourged to try Hilton's newest brand! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed their stay. Please come back and see us soon!

Juan T