“Nice Hotel Near Panther Stadium”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #71 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites this past Monday & Tuesday for the Panthers Game. It was close to the stadium, about 5 miles, and a short cab ride. My FAVORITE parts about this hotel were:

1. The shuttle driver & service-he was VERY friendly and willing to accomodate our needs as we were without a car. He took us across the street to get dinner. I cannot express how friendly he was.This is the reason I changed my rating from 3 to 4.
2. The front desk lady was also more than willing to help us with anything we needed. As soon as we walked into the hotel, I noticed a lamp wasn't working so they immediately brought us a new one.
3. Very spacious, as we had a double bed suite.
4. Includes refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and even garbage disposal.
5. Very comfortable beds & pillows.
6. Flat screen in living room area.
7. Two vanities. One in bathroom and one outside.
8. Clean room.

Some things I did not enjoy quite so much:
1. There was plaster on the walls as they are under renovations.
2. The sofa was almost laughably uncomfortable and had a stain.
3. I went down for the complimentary breakfast and they were out of almost everything and I was saddened because I was very much looking forward to that! I asked and a lady told me they were completely out of sausage, gravy, eggs, grits (all the good stuff).
4. The heated pool was closed.

Just some things I wish they would have let me know before I made the reservations and clearly asked about.

Room Tip: The suites with the partition are very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this nice review. Your list of things you liked is greatly appreciated, especially your remarks about our great staff. I am very sorry we fell short of your expectations on a few other items. We hope to be finished with our renovations soon, and that will take care of most of the issues you mentioned. We are getting a new pool heater asap, and will work with our breakfast staff to ensure we won't run out of food again. We do hope you will come back again, and promise you will find everything much more enjoyable!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I are staying here on business. The hotel is in a good location, as it is just a couple blocks from The Billy Graham Library/Museum and a mile from the Charlotte Douglas Airport, conveniently located off I-85.

The hotel has recently been updated and has a nice clean and fresh appearance. The new look gives a contemporary feel. We made our reservation via Hotwire.com and got a very good rate of 48.00 a night ( the normal rate is 99.00). We asked for a king suite above the 1st floor and were given a spacious suite/room on the penthouse floor ( 5th). The room had a living/kitchenette on one side and the bedroom/bath area on the other with a large flat screen tv between that could swivel in both directions. There were two large windows that were screened and could be opened for fresh air. There was also a vanity area outside the bathroom, in addition to one inside.

We found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The bed and pillows were great. The mattress was new, a little firm but in a good way, as it had a nice cushion to it. Pillows were plentiful and the kind you can shape .

the hotel offers a free breakfast buffet and complimentary coffee in the lobby. There is also a nice indoor pool. I would definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Above the 1st floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your observations. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and like our renovations. There's more to come - new furniture, bedding and more improvements are coming soon! Thanks again, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay while visiting North Carolina. The hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. They have an indoor pool which is an added bonus. I am thankful I booked early and got a room with a fridge and microwave. My room had a kitchenette area with a sink. I plan to stay here again. Oh, the included breakfast is excellent. They serve grits and sausage biscuit gravy which I absolutely love.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate your recognition of our staff. They work very hard to ensure all guests have a great experience. Also, thanks for mentioning some of our best features such as our big heated pool, suite amenities, and hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

So, we had an offer to stay at a friends house for the night and we now regret passing it up. I figured, it would be best to stay close to the airport so we didn't have to deal with the rush hour traffic. Driving in from the Denver area, I asked my girlfriend to look for a place close to the airport. She found this place on Google with very good reviews. I'm not sure why she didn't use TripAdvisor. Probably because I always tell her "Google Knows everything" lol. Anyway, we arrived and were greeted by a nice young lady and the place seemed fine. The lobby area was clean. We made our way to the room, which upon first glance seemed okay. The sitting area was a nice size and the kitchenette area was clean. However, as we made our way in, I noticed the musty odor that is mentioned in other reviews. I decided to look at some reviews and see if maybe we were the lucky recipient of a room that had not been renovated yet. After reading the reviews and comments from the manager, I figured this must be the case. No problem right? Sure, I called down to the front desk and said to the nice young lady "I see in your reviews, the hotel is having some renovations done and it seems we have received one of the musty smelling rooms that hasn't been addressed yet. Do you have a room that has been renovated, that we can be moved to?" Her response was, "we have been doing some renovations, however not to the rooms. I don't have a nicer room that I can move you to. Sorry." Well, I said to my girlfriend, it's just one night and I don't feel like driving to another hotel. After sitting on the old, run down, uncomfortable love seat watching TV for a while, I said, we should probably move to the bed as it has to be better than this seat. So, we got ready for bed and pulled the comforter back to find sheets that must have been queen size because they definitely didn't fit this king size bed. Whatever, hey the bed has like six pillows on it and two extra in the closet. Great, not, the pillows were plentiful, however they're about half the size of a normal pillow. Okay, I'm tired of trashing the place. Have a look at the pictures (worth a thousand words.) I'm sure with some true renovations, this will be a decent place to stay. I would guess the very good reviews this place has received are the work of some reputation building company or maybe we did just receive one of the older rooms and they didn't want to relocate us. Not returning anytime soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. I offer our sincere apologies for falling below your expectations. Yes, we are still in the renovation process, and the next things to come will be new furniture and walls in all of our suites. We have been doing mostly the public areas over the last few months. Once the rooms are complete, which should be over the next couple of months, we will be like new! Again thank you, and we do hope you will return and try out our new look!

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

The place is overall clean. It looks like it's under renovation so it's got some work to do. The rooms are very clean and seem like they're already renovated so they are nice. The only thing I would say that I think is negative as I work out a lot since I travel on the road and I have to say the workout room is terrible. The three pieces of equipment look like they are shipped out of the 1980s era. The treadmill, bike, and elliptical are very very old and didn't work that well at all. Otherwise this is a pretty good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank bdloftus24
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, and for sharing your positive experience. The one experience you point out that wasn't so positive will be updated soon during our renovation process. Our entire hotel will be like new in the very near future. Thanks again, and we hope see you back with us!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We arravied here after we had booked true hotwire , I had how ever clicked the wrong dates when booking and when we enter we was there a day earlier then they expected us, but after some calling back and forth and the manager took the phone and spoke with hotwire we could stay from the day we arravied , think that actually benifitted all of us better then if we had to book another place , but not all places would have welcomed You like this
The suite is very big and we had a good time there , its a airport dropof hotel and the area around You will need a car to get to , but since we already knew when we got there so we just went to the mall , had a good night sleep here and again , the service is great and they are up on doing renovation in the hole hotel there so it will be super when finished , would I stay here again ? Yes, if we comes to the same area again we will stay here for sure

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your stay with others. We are so glad we were able to get things worked out to accommodate your reservation, and you enjoyed your stay. Your obeservations and remarks will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is hard to get to, but the staff are awesome. Leslie at the front desk was so helpful and polite. When the phones were ringing and the line was long, she handled the stress with aplomb. While there were attitudes of frustration and anger, she resolved most of their issues. In the meantime, it is near the airport, and near the highway to the airport, so be sure to get a quiet room. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The TV is somewhat troubling because of the cable service. I was surprised the towels were so soft. And there are tons of families staying here; parking for the week by staying a night. So if you want a place with family friendly atmosphere, this is a place to consider. However, there is no food here, so you need to drive a mile to fast food near the airport. Leslie suggested I ask the airport shuttle driver to take me places since I did not have a car, so it was great. That offer alone was why I raised the rating from a 3 to a 4. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we sincerely appreciate your recognition of our hard working staff. We want nothing more than for each and every guest to feel special and completely satisfied, and Leslie is a great example of what our entire staff strives for. And, thank you for mentioning that Comfort Suites is a great place to stay, close to the airport. We hope to see you again soon!