“Clean and Close”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #73 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Clean and Close”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The one thing I look for in a hotel is that it has to be clean. I do not mind paying a little more for that, and I have come to trust sites like TripAdvisor.com to host a forum where honest opinions are allowed. The people preceding me on this site spoke the truth, this place was indeed quite clean. Sheets smelled good, the floors were nice, and furniture was comfortable, and the bed was fantastic. (they even provide two kinds of pillows, harder and softer for me to pick from).

Breakfast was exactly what I would expect, decent selection, and the dining room was kept clean too. The coffee was good too.

I was only staying overnight, arrived late and left early, so I cannot comment on any of the amenities of the hotel. I understand there is a swimming pool. I also liked that it was close enough to downtown Charlotte NC so that my drive in the next morning was quick. It was nice that I did not have to pay for overnight parking in addition to the hotel charge like some other equally nice, but downtown, hotels where charging.

Would I stay here again? If I find myself in need of a place in Charlotte, yes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and for your wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we truly appreciate you pointing out many of our best and nicest features. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm a Choice Privileges platinum member, so I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels. It sometimes mystifies me why some are rated 3 stars, while others 4 1/2 stars, when they can provide equal comfort (there are some properties in this chain that are justifiably lower rated). Honestly, this hotel is one of the better Choice hotels I've stayed at. It's pretty new, the rooms (suites) are large and comfortable, there's a working business center with printer, etc. It's not a "great" hotel -- Choice hotels are almost never special -- but it's a very good airport motel that's perfect for an overnight. I would return. I suspect that when I do, it will have a higher tripadvisor score!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for sharing your observations. We are glad you enjoy staying with us and thank you for voicing your opinions concerning our ratings. We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to those higher ratings that we constantly strive for.
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I love this hotel.my wife and I are very pleased with the service we receive when we travel to charlotte, Carolina. they offer a great breakfast ,I recommend the that you find yourself going down to the heated pool , and put your tired feet in the water

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and for this great review! We are sooo glad you enjoy staying with us, and thank you for pointing out your favorite things. We hope to see you again soon!
Lewes, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to Charlotte to see our son who works at the airport. This was very close to where he lives. The room was comfortable and had a microwave and fridge. It was clean and the bathroom was large. The hot breakfast was appreciated but I would have liked bacon!

Room Tip: Airport and highway noise was evident at all times.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning some of our best features. I’m sorry we didn’t have bacon during your stay, maybe next time. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were stuck with a twelve hour mechanical cancelation. They picked us up promptly at the airport by a friendly driver. A friendly desk clerk checked us I to an ok alll suite hotel. Breakfast was included that opened at 6. Unfortunetly only the skeleton of a breakfast was ready at 6. I asume the rest would come out later. A really nice man took us to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, even though it was a result of an unplanned delay. We have the pleasure of serving many distressed passengers from the airport, and it is always our goal to make a bad day better. I do apologize for not having all of our breakfast out on time – that was a result of our server having a medical issue and our substitute came in as soon as possible, but was a bit late. Our staff works very hard to please, and they sincerely appreciate your recognition of their efforts. Again, thank you – and we look forward to seeing you back with us, hopefully under better circumstances next time.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 March 2014

First of all I can not say enough about the customer service at this establishment. I was helped at the front desk by Leslie who not only accommodated our every need but also directed us to one of the best steak restaurants I have ever been to(Carolina Prime Steakhouse- Our servers name was Benita and she was wonderful as well!) After having a horrible experience the previous night at a Ramada in, also here in Charlotte, it was such a relief to come stay at Comfort Suites Airport. This has been an amazing experience for myself and the entire East Tennessee State Track & Field team and staff. Thank you Leslie for helping to make this a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you soooo much for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We really appreciate you sharing your experience and especially your mention of our great staff, Leslie in particular. She is well deserving of recognition for her hard work and outstanding service. If I may turn this around, we also had a great time hosting you and your entire team. You were a wonderful group, and it was such a pleasure for us to be of service. Thanks again, and we hope to see all of you return to our hotel on your next trip to Charlotte!
Denver
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've stayed here 10 nights over the past six months. The staff is great, the rooms are comfortable, clean and large, the breakfast is fine (nothing special, but it's hot and fresh), and overall it's a good airport hotel. You can be to the downtown business district in 15 minutes - even at rush hour. Two suggestions - get a room away from the highway (the noise on the highway side is intense). And, there is basically no place to eat dinner nearby - something to keep in mind, particularly if you don't have a car.

Room Tip: Keep away from the highway side. the back side iis quiet, the highway side is noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for being a regular guest, and for taking the time to write this very nice review! Our staff, especially, appreciates your mention of them and their hard work, and another thank you for pointing out some of our best features. And, yes, while we do not have a restaurant within walking distance, we do have many in the area if you have a car, and if not, we have several that deliver or we can take you in our shuttle. We also have our new Marketplace in the lobby where you can purchase snacks, sandwiches, frozen dinners, drinks, and many other things. We make sure no one ever goes hungry at our hotel! Again, thanks, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!