“its alright...could use a little tlc”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #74 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Tusayan, Arizona
“its alright...could use a little tlc”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is okay it could be better. The staff could be trained better. The rooms could usea little TLC. In my room the fsaucet was leaking. Just minor maintenance issues that need to be taken care of.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kingston m
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for falling short of your (and our) expectations. We have taken note of the issues you mentioned and will be giving them our full attention in order to improve our performance for future guests. We do have the final stages of renovations underway, and completion of that will go a long way toward meeting our goals. Employee training is always in progress, and we will be continuing with more of that, especially for our newer associates. Your comments will be used constructively, and we do hope to see you again so you can see our improvements, and that our hotel is normally a great place to stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Forest Hills, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great staff that goes out of its way to make your stay comfortable. The property is undergoing an upgrade but is still very traveler friendly. The breakfast is great and the location is just off the interstate which makes getting around Charlotte very easy. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We have stayed at this property over a dozen times and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for being a regular guest and for taking the time to write this great review! We are sooo happy you enjoy staying with us, and sincerely appreciate you coming back. We look forward to having you back again, and will do our best to make your next stay even better than your previous ones!
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were in town for a concert so we really didn't get to enjoy the amenities. The staff were very nice and the room was very clean. Hotel is just a little out dated. Could use a fixing up. Good trip!!

Room Tip: The rooms need some updating.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this very nice review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and especially appreciate your recognition of our hard working staff. Great service along with a very clean hotel are our main objectives for all guests and all stays. And, by the way, we will be completing our renovations soon, which will take care of the fixing up you mentioned. We hope to see you back soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I would stay here again. Very clean rooms and amazing staff. The location is great. I travel all over the country and enjoy staying in hotels and resorts. Some simple, some grand. Very clean and the staff really pays attention to the guests experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, and for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely appreciate your kind words, and our staff thanks you for acknowledging their tireless efforts. We hope you will visit again soon!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The one thing I look for in a hotel is that it has to be clean. I do not mind paying a little more for that, and I have come to trust sites like TripAdvisor.com to host a forum where honest opinions are allowed. The people preceding me on this site spoke the truth, this place was indeed quite clean. Sheets smelled good, the floors were nice, and furniture was comfortable, and the bed was fantastic. (they even provide two kinds of pillows, harder and softer for me to pick from).

Breakfast was exactly what I would expect, decent selection, and the dining room was kept clean too. The coffee was good too.

I was only staying overnight, arrived late and left early, so I cannot comment on any of the amenities of the hotel. I understand there is a swimming pool. I also liked that it was close enough to downtown Charlotte NC so that my drive in the next morning was quick. It was nice that I did not have to pay for overnight parking in addition to the hotel charge like some other equally nice, but downtown, hotels where charging.

Would I stay here again? If I find myself in need of a place in Charlotte, yes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us, and for your wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we truly appreciate you pointing out many of our best and nicest features. We hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm a Choice Privileges platinum member, so I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels. It sometimes mystifies me why some are rated 3 stars, while others 4 1/2 stars, when they can provide equal comfort (there are some properties in this chain that are justifiably lower rated). Honestly, this hotel is one of the better Choice hotels I've stayed at. It's pretty new, the rooms (suites) are large and comfortable, there's a working business center with printer, etc. It's not a "great" hotel -- Choice hotels are almost never special -- but it's a very good airport motel that's perfect for an overnight. I would return. I suspect that when I do, it will have a higher tripadvisor score!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for sharing your observations. We are glad you enjoy staying with us and thank you for voicing your opinions concerning our ratings. We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to those higher ratings that we constantly strive for.
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I love this hotel.my wife and I are very pleased with the service we receive when we travel to charlotte, Carolina. they offer a great breakfast ,I recommend the that you find yourself going down to the heated pool , and put your tired feet in the water

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and for this great review! We are sooo glad you enjoy staying with us, and thank you for pointing out your favorite things. We hope to see you again soon!