“Enjoyable Stay”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #69 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The 4th of July weekend was booked and teeming with travelers. We found our room (Nonsmoking King Suite) to be very nice and comfortable especially for the price. The breakfast was filling and delicious. GREAT!
We would gladly stay again if we are in Charlotte.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon M
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, and for taking the time to write this nice review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was trapped in CLT after a misconnect due to weather and stayed at this place. The shuttle was prompt, only waited about 15 minutes. Upon arrive it is evident that there isn't anything nearby to eat. It feels secluded. The front desk lady was not friendly but I guess I can understand because she was approaching the end of her shift. I was disappointed when I arrived to my room. The carpet was horrible and the room had a very musty smell. The air conditioning was not on so it was sticky as well. The mattress was old but still hard, the cotton like pad between the sheet and mattress helped. The bathroom was clean. One of the first things I noticed when I entered the room was that the smoke detector was missing and all of the wires were hanging out. As I entered the bedroom I noticed the smoke detector was covered with a bag. I found this very interesting, if I can figure out how to attach pics I will do so. On a positive note, the hotel is very near the airport and works in a pinch. I wouldn't have minded most of these issue had I paid 45 dollars but for 130 dollars I had much higher expectation. Happy travels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this review. Thank you for mentioning our proximity to the airport and our convenient shuttle. It appears, however, that your stay in general failed to exceed your expectations, and I offer our sincere apologies. Our hotel is in the midst of renovations and while we are trying our best to see that our guests are seeing a maximum of improvements with a minimum of inconvenience, we apparently fell short in your case. Again, our apologies and thanks. We hope you will visit again and see that our hotel is normally a great place to stay!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Sorry but this place is pretty awful. It was my only choice on an otherwise sold-out city and it did its job, ie provided a bed but that was about as good as it got.
Patches in the walls, crunchy carpet and about a half inch gap between my front door and the frame. I could see out the corridor so others could certainly see in.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that we apparently failed to exceed your expectations and I offer our sincere apologies. We have noted the specific issues you mentioned and corrective action is being taken immediately. In general, our hotel is in the final stages of major renovations, as you mentioned, and any issues not included in maintenance and repairs will definitely be corrected during the renovation process. We should be a totally like new hotel very shortly. We hope you will consider visiting again when our improvements are complete so you can see that our hotel is normally a great place to stay!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice and I will recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Carowinds. But the kitchen in our room needed some attention and the shower was slippery. The breakfast attendant was friendly and the front desk associates were welcoming. Will be back next year.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Katie E
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and apologize for the issues you pointed out. We are in the process of completing renovations now, and new bath tubs, showers, etc. as well as attention to the wet bar areas are in progress, and should be completed soon. We look forward to seeing you back next year so you can enjoy our “new” hotel!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I booked this hotel through Hotwire thinking we were getting a true 3 1/2 star hotel when this is what we got I was ok but upset that this place is considered a 3 star. They are currently renovating and there are boxes trash cans etc. all over the hallways it's so bad in fact that a contractor walked into my room while I was getting dressed without knocking first. The room had missing paint and old torn furniture. The hotel front desk is extremely slow I called for a pick up from the airport and was put on hold for 25 minutes. The breakfast and coffee was good. I have pictures to follow this review. I personally did not feel safe probably won't be back we booked the Sheraton across the street for the next night much better accommodations things may change once they finish the renovation and all the contractors are gone.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your observations. While I realize with the third party booking web site you chose, you don’t have a choice of hotels, please note that our hotel is not rated 3 or 3½ “stars” on that site. We actually are 2½ on that site and their associated sites. All sites and hotel rating services show our hotel to be either 2 ½ or 3 in terms of “stars” or “diamonds”, which are based strictly on the amenities the hotel offers. We are 3 stars or diamonds on most, while, some such as the one you refer to, limit some hotels to 2 ½ stars because of not having a restaurant on the property or adjacent. The “dots” on TripAdvisor.com refer strictly to ratings in terms of guest satisfaction or evaluation of their stay. They are not related to amenities. You are correct that we are currently renovating certain areas of our hotel, and we apologize for our appearance and the mishap with the contractor. We do have contractors working in a few rooms at a time installing new bath tubs and surrounds and lighting. All of this will be finished shortly to be followed up with all new furniture, etc. and our goal is to be finished soon with basically all new rooms. We are doing our best to minimize any negative effects the renovation process will be having on guests during their stays, and again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As you suggest, once renovations are finished, we will proud to be a “new” hotel, and invite you to return and enjoy our new look and see that our hotel is normally a great place to stay!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Judging from the plane noise, this hotel is located very close to the airport. Rooms are a decent size. Carpets are dingy and could be cleaned or updated. Pool was clean. Landscaping outside could use a touch up. Breakfast was standard. We had biscuits and gravy, sausage patty, and scrambled eggs. Self serve waffle maker too. Cereal and yogurt varieties. Bananas were thoroughly over ripe and practically rotten. Staff is very strict about collecting meal tickets. All in all, it was an okay stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you had a good stay. We appreciate your comments and suggestions, and will be using them to help ensure a great stay for all future guests. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a USA Track and Field event. I was a little disappointed with the outdated furniture that was damaged. The carpet was torn and the setup of our suites was different. The free breakfast was really good but you had to search to find the staff the get them to refill any items that were out. They were more concerned about their smoke breaks than the guest. They acted like they couldn't understand english when you spoke to them but spoke it clearly when it was to their benefit. The front desk clerk was super nice and she went about and beyond to answer any travel questions or concerns that need to be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. Our Front Desk staff appreciates your recognition of their dedication and tireless efforts, and we thank you for that! On behalf of our entire staff, I offer our apologies for the issues you pointed out where we failed to exceed your expectations. Our goal is for all guests to be 100% satisfied in every area of our hotel, and we will definitely use your remarks in our plan of action to achieve and maintain that goal. Also, please note that we are undergoing renovations as we speak, and everything in our rooms will be new very soon! Again, thank you, and we hope you will choose to return the next time you are in our area.