“Not worth it.”

Ranked #167 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charleston, South Carolina
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed here 10/13/12. Wished we would have read the reviews. This will be easy. All reviews except for the good are true. We had one guy beg for money to get a room, just couldnt subject him to this nasty place. I think that the RAMADA might own this place or they did at one time. The wi-fi comes up as RAMADA and the signs on the back of our room door were also RAMADA signs.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cazz843

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This place is located off of the highway, which is nice! When you walk in the front desk personel is sitting behind the desk with a smug attitude. I had to change rooms 3x. I couldn't even get into the first room they put me in. The second room smelled like mildue and had standing water on the floor. Finally I moved to another room, only to find that the room had old disgusting blankets, a fowl smell, and didn't even have a phone for me to contact the front desk. I would never stay at any hotel like this and will not ever reccomend this place to anybody for any reason. DISGUSTING AND RUDE STAFF!!! The girl Isabel was very nasty about my experiences and told me if I was not happy I could check out but would be charged anyways!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Bnvplus3
Ontario, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2012

August 28, 2012. I made a reservation at this hotel for 9/2-9/8/12 at $47.48 per night and the hotel is now trying to sell the room for$350.00; yet they will not honor my confirmed reservation because they say I made it too early (10/11) for the Democratic convention. I want the room at the rate agreed to by me and La Casa; not some over inflated price.

Reservation Id: 111012LM

Room Tip: Don't book here. They are selling the rooms during the Democratic Convention for $500.00 on som...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Linda M
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our group booked 11 rooms. 4 had to be changed because they were so bad, and the other 7 were just barely useable. Don't stay here. You will without question regret it. Any good rating is a fake created by the hotel owners and staff, or the on site prostitutes. It's filthy, broken, and horrifying in every way. I'm not difficult to please and still left embarrassed, and offended. You will too if you choose to save a few dollars and to this dismal pile of construction and human effluence.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. It's so woefully terrible!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DeWayne W
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

it was the middle of summer and our air conditioning was broken at our house. my boyfriend and I decided to be adventureous, and get a cheap hotel after a day at carowinds.... BIG mistake. bed bugs, ants everywhere and drug deals going on all around us. we didn't last the whole night. easily one of the most disgusting places I've ever been. yuck.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank alicianocolette
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

The website made it seem this place is the best in CHARLOTTE. Yeah right! I wish I had read reviews first. Dirty Dirty Dirty! I ask for a refund and they would not give it to me after only being there 20min. Beware THE WEBSITE IS A LIE!!!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank MichelleNC68
Maryland
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I advise anyone with good sense not to stay here. The service was terrible. Upon check in we found that our reservation wasn't in the system. In addition, someone left their toolkit and hat in the room as if they forgot them when returning from break.

The staff was ridiculously rude and impatient. Their response to a question regarding the ice machine being broken was that "it hasn't worked in 2 years." We witnessed the receptionist be rude to a customer when she complained about the lack of cleanliness of her room.

The place really should be condemed. There was mold in the shower and the toilet seat wasn't attached to the toilet. I don't like posting bad comments about businesses but i will never, ever stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Customer968
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood
Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood
Quality Suites
#6 of 6 in Pineville

Been to La Casa Inn? Share your experiences!