“Love this Place!”
Review of The Dunhill Hotel

The Dunhill Hotel
Ranked #50 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the only place we stay when we visit Charlotte. The staff is very friendly, they make you feel like you are part of a family! Beautiful clean rooms, great beds and don't miss having a cocktail in the lounge with Natasha! She is a great bartender, we had so much fun hanging out with her. If you want a special place to stay not just the ordinary, this is THE PLACE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey L

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The Dunhill Hotel was an awesome experience. There's something different about old hotels in Uptown areas. The room exceeded my high expectations, and the staff was phenomenal. Breakfast was fresh and tasty farm to table food. I would recommend this destination to anyone and everyone. Shower randomly went hot and cold, but it's an old hotel, and I was almost expecting something like that.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bowmanator22
Reviewed 13 July 2014

When I arrived, my reservation was for a room with a queen bed and a pull out sofa. Arriving at my room it had only a queen bed, when I went to front desk I was told that was the room I booked even with the confirmation. I asked for a roll away bed and was informed the hotel only had 3 and they were in use. After speaking with the manager I had to beg her to call a sister hotel to acquire one, which she finally did. At breakfast the next morning we were asked if we had vouchers and I said no. The waiter said I should have them so I inquired at desk. No because we booked stay through American Express . Since I had such a hard time with the bed I felt like I should have been given vouchers. the young man at the desk said it would have to be cleared through the manager. I asked to speak to her and was informed she was not on site. Also the closet was a hole in the wall with a curtain pulled over it. I will never stay at this hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone. They certainly need some good PR skills. This was a horrible stay at a nightmare of a hotel!!

Stayed: July 2014
John B, General Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We regret that you did not have a positive experience during your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is the top priority of our entire team, and I am surprised to hear that you were unhappy with your interaction with our front desk manager as she is one of our very best and worked proactively to acquire a rollaway bed at no cost to you after learning that American Express had confirmed your reservation for a room type that we do not offer.

So that another guest does not encounter the same booking issue, we have consulted with American Express to ensure that their system accurately reflects our offerings, and it is my understanding that they also provided compensation to you for the mistake. I’m very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience and will be sure to review your comments with my team in an effort to improve the experiences of our future guests.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I love old hotels like this! They are very rare these days and that's just too bad. They have a great staff with great customer service. The location was excellent, it was everything I needed and more. I felt special right when I walked in all the way up until I checked out. I also felt like I was staying at a true piece of history. I hope I find more hotels like this in my future endeavors!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stumbled on this hidden gem while booking business travel and really enjoyed the atmosphere, location and level of service. The rooms could use updated outlets for all of the devices with travel with. I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel from the minute I checked in. It's plush, quiet and welcoming.
The front of house staff are amazing, couldn't have felt more important.
The room was immaculate and so comforting.
It's position in downtown Charlotte made it a great base to walk to nearby restaurants.
Exceptional hotel with staff who surpass all of your wants or needs.
I highly recommend you visit it if you are ever lucky enough to be in Charlotte.
A gem of a hotel nestled amongst the streets of Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Alimcin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here during a family vacation. Love the location. Within walking distance to many restaurants, museums, etc. Beautiful, historic building. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but heard it was good. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family