“NEEDS BETTER HOUSEKEEPING - YUK!”

Days Inn Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #160 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just needed an overnight passing through Charlotte. This looked OK from the road so we stopped. Front desk young lady very friendly and gave us a good rate for the first floor room we needed. After getting our stuff in and settled I grabbed a hand towel and EEK - makeup or SOMETHING on it so we checked the others and EEK again spots/stains/residue looked like blood and/or dirt. Went to front desk; same young lady got new towels which I inspected and EEK again! More spots so she went to the laundry and returned with new ones which this time were OK. We stayed as the beds were clean, it was late and we were tired. There were some issues with smudges and fingerprints so bottom line housekeeping is lacking. Our room was not properly serviced from the previous guest which is awful. Next morning manager was there; the towels were left for him to see and he was apologetic and concerned to make corrections but I wished he would have cancelled the charges or at least given us a discount. Would not stay there again; there are loads of hotels and motels in Charlotte and cleanliness is a top priority.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dianec51
GM_DICLT, General Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

I am very sorry your stay here was terrible. Thank you for your review and have read your concerns you pointed out about the towels and problem has been resolved. Would like you give us another chance and will make sure your stay is pleasant and comfortable. Please give me a call at 704-598-7712

Reviewed 9 August 2014

After carefully reading over the intimidating and mostly negative reviews of this particular Days Inn location in Charlotte, I reluctantly decided to stay here. And to my surprise, it wasn't that bad. Every hotel isn't perfect and believe me this one is far from that. It's not a five star hotel but it's more along the lines of a three star. It's an old facility, I would guess about maybe 30 years or a little more than that. The manager is the one who checked me in. I think his name was Raj. My debit card wouldn't accept the payment for the reservation (IT WAS THE CARD I RESERVED IT WITH, I DONT KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED). I didn't worry about it much as there's an ATM machine next to the front desk. I paid with cash to take care of my reservation then headed to my room. My room was 361 on the third floor facing the elevator. The only thing I was mostly concerned about having in my room was a bed to sleep in for three days, a microwave, and a microfridge. It didn't surprise me that nothing was too out of the ordinary as most people who leave reviews usually hype things up and blow stuff out of proportion. I also enjoyed the strong jets blowing out of the shower, the bed was extra cozy, and the air conditioning kept it nice and cold for me in my room to relieve me from the heat outside. I wasn't too concerned with the tv because my laptop kept me company. The only thing I didn't like was having to put the code in for the internet each time i turned on my laptop. Most hotels just have you put in the code one time then your computer just automatically identifies the wifi signal each time after that. Another thing I didn't like was having to cross Sunset Road to the bus stop. It was truly annoying dodging the cars. I also had to cross the road as I frequented McDonald's each day for breakfast (I DIDN'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FREE BREAKFAST IN THE LOBBY BECAUSE I'M NOT A BIG CEREAL, OATMEAL, OR FRUITS EATER). There was a Hardee's across the gas station parking lot next to the hotel but I don't too much care for their breakfast or their food in general. Overall I enjoyed my stay. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, but again it isn't perfect. If you're looking for a five star hotel without blowing away your budget then the hotels in Uptown Charlotte are more up your alley. If you're traveling on a tight budget and can't afford a high priced hotel, then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Choose room 361
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray W
GM_DICLT, General Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your time to give us a review about your likes and dislikes at Days Inn Northlake location. We were glad to make your stay pleasant. Hope to see you again when you travel back to Charlotte. Thanks Raj.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This was not the Days Inn I remember. The room was okay. There were lots of permanent guest hanging around outside of our room. The pool was dirty. There was a old run down Super 8 right behind days inn. Look as though people had been evicted, clothes and trash out side. Towels very dirty and dingy.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mary J

Thank you for your review, sorry to here that there were people hanging around near your room , We do have a lot of construction crews that likes to sit outside after they get back from work, at the same time I will look into this matter and take necessary steps to make sure all our guest feel safe. Thanks Raj.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue C

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very Nice for a stopover while traveling! Easy on and off of I-77! Very nice room for the price! All possitives and no negatives. Staff was awesome! Tammy the evening desk clerk made our stay much better. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome, and answered all of our questions about things in the area.

Room Tip: Accessable room on ground floor met all of our needs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klunker1952

We are glad to hear your stay here at Days Inn northlake location was pleasant and also my staff was real helpful. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would put the staff at this hotel up against staff from a 4 star hotel. My car broke down while traveling I-77. Kevin and Letha made what was a terrible situation a lot more bearable. They were so friendly and helpful. I appreciate them very much. After meeting the Manager Raj the next day I was shocked by his very clean and professional appearance that he did not keep after his cleaning staff to do a better job. If the room had been cleaner this would be a heck of a great value and a hotel I would stop at all the time when traveling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I am glad my staff was able to help you out to make your bad situation little bit better. We take pride in giving good service to all our guest at Days Inn northlake location.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn H
GM_DICLT, Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014