“All about service”

Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #45 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment I walked in it was incredible service. People were smiling and seemed excited to see me. I checked in with Colt on a Wednesday night late and he had great energy and seemed happy to see me. After I checked in I attempted to buy a water andehe said "the first one is on me, thank you for being here" I'm not sure if this is an every person experience but wow, it really made a lasting impression. I stayed for 2 nights and he always seemed to be at the desk. Destiny was great at breakfast and the evening shuttle driver too was great, be took me to a BBQ restaurant and picked me up. Didn't catch his name, younger kid. Great hotel, better people.

• Stayed: May 2014
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of your recent expereince. Im glad you had a nice stay and some BBQ. I'm very fortunate to work with both Colt and Destiny. They truly understand service and are a joy to be around. I will praise them for another job well done.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The kitchen was closed I was starving, I seen Destiny the lady that worked at the Bistro, she reopened the kitchen and made the best Ham egg and cheese sandwich I ever had, I would recommend stopping at the bistro and seeing Destiny for breakfast before you walk out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eddie M
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for providing a reveiew of your experience on Trip Advisor. I will be certain to praise Destiny for a job well done. We are very fortunate to work with her. She has a true passion for service. I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff at the hotel were all great ... Very attentive and genuine in their offers to assist. One staff member, in particular, was extremely courteous ... It was a throw back to a time when companies placed a high value on ensuring their customers were taken care of! The shuttle driver, Zerick, demonstrated this customer-focused behavior in every way!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback from your recent visit. I am very proud of Zerick and happy to hear your comments. I will be certain to praise him for a job well done.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Due to weather related issues with cancelled connecting flights, I was "stranded" in Charlotte and had to find a hotel without advance notice/reservation. This Courtyard had a room available and even had a shuttle to come get me from the airport, even in the late evening hour. I was frustrated with the situation, had been on the road for several days and just wanted to go home. Another night on the road and missing another day of work, was not in my plans for the day. From the first shuttle driver, to the gentleman at check-in, to the lady who served me a late night meal, in the Bistro, to the check-out gentleman and finally the shuttle driver to the airport, the next day, I have never experienced such courteous and friendly staff at a hotel. The entire staff that I dealt with was professional, attentive, friendly and truly seemed to love their job. They understood that the g;uests are who make it possible for them to have a job and each of them were all about customer service. I travel 3 weeks out of the month and in all of my travels, I have never had anyone as courteous, helpful or as happy with their job, as Zerick the shuttle driver who took me to the airport, the next morning. It was apparent he loved his job, enjoyed people and life in general! What a breath of fresh air he brought to a trip "from hell" for me. Zerick and all of the staff are truly an asset to this hotel and to the Marriott chain. They all went above and beyond what is expected of their positions. I recommend this hotel, not only for the staff, but for the overall appearance, cleanliess, openess, pool area, etc. You will not be dissapointed with your stay.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to earn your business. I am happy to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We do get a lot of distress passengers during inclement weather at the airport and will work hard to ensure your day brightens up. I'm so thankful for Zerick's personality and demeanor. He has a knack for service and is a great leader to our team.

I will be certain to praise Zerick and the team at our staff meeting. I hope you will return for a business trip or some leisure time in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I always stay at this Marriott Court yard when in Charlotte. During my recent visit, two employees stood out and were very helpful and courteous. Alicia in the Bistro always makes an effort to make everyone feel welcome. Chris at the front desk should be commended for always being friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor which is lobby level
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Jim for posting a review of your experience at Courtyard Billy Graham. I'm very proud of the accomplishments Alisha and Chris. They are really stepping up to lead by example and are focused on improving the guest experience. We know you have a lot of Marriott options to choose from in Charlotte and will work hard to be your hotel of choice.

I will be certain to praise them in our staff meeting and recognize their achievements.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Everything about our stay was terrific. The room was very clean, modern and confortable. The best thing about our stay was the delightful service we received from Destiny in the Courtyard cafe. She was very friendly and attentive and when we asked about the area and things to see, she was a wealth of knowledge and very helpful.

We would csrtainly return to this property

Gary & Beverly Morgan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Morgan-

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Destiny. We are so proud of her accomplishments in both school and taking great care of our guests at breakfast! I will be certain to praise her for a job well done. She has been on a roll and exceeding many guests expectations. Im very thankful to get to work with her! We apprecaite your business and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

When you are there make sure you have their delicious breakfasts and try to get Destiny as your waitress. She is absolutely terrific. When a businssman is on the road like I am, a big smile and terrific service makes all the difference. She is an amazing employee!! I am a Platinum member at Marriott and Destiny ranks in the top 5% of Marriott employees that I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for providing feeback of your recent visit. I agree Destiny does a great job and am happy to see your recognition as a top 5% associate. I will share your comments with her and our team. Hope you will return soon!