“Over the top staff service”

Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Over the top staff service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

The hotel is a nice Marriott property and the rooms and amenities are what one would expect. The location is convenient, but not perfect. No worry, they have an accommodating shuttle driver. Plus, being a bit away from the airport and from downtown offered a much quieter venue.

Great beds, clean room, good wifi, good on-site dining. But the staff--from my check in at 0130 to my time-crunched departure--is absolutely top notch. When my business finished early and it appeared that I might be able to catch an early flight and check out a day early, the desk clerk speedily and politely checked me out and the manager himself offered to drive me to the airport.

This was the best service that I've had at a Marriott, where one expects consistently good service. These folks raise the bar. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for the kind comments from your recent visit. Im very proud to hear your comments and feel very fortunate to work alongside this team. I hope you had a great trip home and will return soon. Our team will be very appreciative to hear your review.

Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a 3 day, 2 night business meeting and was very happy with the facility and staff. The property was very clean and my room appeared to be recently updated. The shuttle service made the experience even better. Good job by all who made the trip enjoyable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business while visiting Charlotte.

Courtyard Charlote Billy Graham
Santa Ynez, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was in town for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I was extremely pleased that a room was available upon my early arrival, per my request. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I especially liked that a shuttle was available generally in a timely manner to transport me to/from the light rail when needed and it was only a 3-5 minute ride from the hotel.
During my stay there were lots of family reunion members and conference attendees booked.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for rooms away from pool side, if you like to have your curtains open to have na...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit. We love hosting reunions and conferences and are glad you had a nice time. Our shuttle is available 24 hours a day and we can quickly take guests to the Light Rail stop. Our proximity to the light rail makes our hotel a great affordable choice for sporting events like the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets and events at Time Warner Arena and NC Music Factory.

I hope you will return soon.

Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham
Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed a month at the Courtyard Billy Graham, in Charlotte, NC, and the staff were the most friendly (all day, all the time). Thank you to all the shuttle drivers, the Bistro team, and the housekeeping team for keeping the room spotless. Special thanks to Wanda L., housekeeping for the inspiring notes.
I highly recommend this hotel for any stay!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review from your recent visit. I will be certain to share your comments with our team. Thank you for calling out Wanda by name. I will praise her for a job well done.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Billy Graham for my sorority's convention this past weekend, and it was awesome. The rooms were very nice, clean, spacious, and comfortable. The hotel staff were all very friendly and very helpful. I really liked that there was a Starbucks / Bistro right next to the lobby. I was working the entire weekend so it was very convenient to not have to leave the hotel to get a nice cup of coffee or something to munch on. I was the event photographer, so in the midst of having to change the location for a large group photo at the last minute, two of the staff members helped me rearrange the a portion of the ballroom (that they had JUST arranged for the dinner following the photo) to accommodate for the change of plans. The meals that we had were really good (the highlight of the banquet dinner was the spinach lasagna -- we all wanted more), and the service was great. I'm glad I had a chance to stay here for the weekend and would definitely recommend it to anyone who's visiting or passing through Charlotte, NC.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JFolkes
Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your sorority's convention and banquet business. Im very glad to hear you enjoyed the service our team provides and hope you will return soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here on the way down to Florida from Toronto. It's located right off I77. We also stayed here on the way back north.

The staff are very polite, we found the rooms exceptionally clean, and there's a decent (if pricy) restaurant in the lobby area that serves freshly made, quite tasty food. Starbucks coffee is also available.

If you are heading south- watch for the on ramp to I77 south - it's an immediate right out of their parking lot. I missed it the first time. :-)

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Joel M
Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit. I'm glad you gave us a chance to earn your business and hope you will return your next time through Charlotte.

Safe Travels,

Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

En route to Charlotte, NC for Liverpool vs AC Milan soccer game, I went online to find a deal on a hotel and landed in a gold mine! For $76, I got a king suite. The bed was fabulous, and I am very picky when it comes to mattresses and pillows!! Even the pullout sleeper sofa for my son was thick and comfy. The desk personnel were extremely professional and courteous. Wifi was FAST! Room was VERY quiet (I am a very light sleeper and heard NOTHING) even though the hotel is located on a major road. While we didn't utilize the pool, from our room, it was evident that it was very clean. Next to the pool area is an outdoor relaxation area that includes an outdoor fireplace. Hands down a fabulous place all around! If ever in the area again, this will be my #1 choice! So glad we are Marriott rewards and can locate gems like this!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind comments. Anthony works very hard to keep our pool looking great and I will be certain to share your comments with him. We truly enjoyed hosting the soccer match and hope to have many more games in the future.