“Good food on a slow night”

AZN Azian Cuizine - Charlotte
Ranked #394 of 2,565 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: AZN Azian Cuizine Charlotte is conveniently located in SouthPark’s Piedmont Town Center. The two-level restaurant features a large 55-seat outdoor patio, an indoor/outdoor open air conversation bar, and an intimate sushi bar. AZN Azian Cuizine Charlotte offers upscale Pan Asian cuisines featuring steak, seafood, with sushi, wine and spirits, and brings the true spirit of the Orient to your table with genuine Asian flavors from Japan, China, Szechuan, Thailand and Korea.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I decided that to take a walk around the South Park area and stumbled upon this great restaurant. It's a little tucked away, but I'm glad I found it. They have sushi, but stayed very basic, ordering the hot and sour soup and chicken curry. The food was above average and the bartender, Victoria, was very nice and attentive. Being a small, family run business, with only three other locations, I think they are able to keep pretty good control of food quality and service. When in Charlotte I will return, and I'll try to go to their Atlanta location as well.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went to AZN for my mom's birthday dinner. Looks like they have an extensive sushi menu, but with my wife being pregnant, we strayed away from trying it. My wife and I both had the Korean BBQ short ribs, which were great. It's definitely fusion, as the short ribs were served with roasted veggies and mashed potatoes. The meal, itself was excellent. We also tried the Red Dragon shrimp, which were excellent as well.
My only qualm, is that it definitely seemed a bit overpriced. On a portion, price ratio, I'd say they are definitely on the high end. $28 for the short ribs. Probably better priced around $18. Anyway, if you go into it knowing it's a bit more expensive, you'll be alright, the food was definitely good.

1  Thank jrobba
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We are here last mother's day and were very impressed. The quality and variety of the dishes offered were wonderful. They had a mix of American and Asian foods. The buffet had a carving station, salad choices and everything was delicious. We just ate here for Easter and for $25 per person I felt ripped off. It was worse than a typical Chinese buffet. It should have been priced at $10 and even then, I could find more variety and quality at the Matthews Chinese buffet. We were definitely disappointed. We won't be going back. It is a shame they have fallen down so much in a year. I doubt they will be there in another year.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten at AZN Azian Cuizine three times now, and all 6-7 of us enjoyed the experience. We had great service each time, and we thought the food was good. I have never been to Japan, and I'll admit I was entranced by the idea of eating from a bento box, something I had never done before. I will go back, though, to try some of the dishes that don't come in the box but sound interesting.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Creative specialty cocktails on a $5 drink menu when we were there. I had the tempura calamari as an appetizer. Could have been an entree or shared by two. For an entree I had the walnut shrimp and they were delicious. Large shrimp with a sweet coating on a bed of slaw. Again a large portion. I had 1/2 of it wrapped for take-home. My husband had the seviche for an appetizer which again was enough for two (and we are hearty eaters) and the black and blue tuna for an entree. It was seared perfectly and served with a side of cold soba noodles. There was no room for dessert after this. Prices were fair for the portion sizes.
We look forward to going back and sitting at the sushi bar.
This is surely a "go back to" place. Cody, our server, was very helpful in recommending selections and describing how they were prepared.