“Fantastic Dinner! Fresh, Local Ingredients!”
Review of Mimosa Grill

Mimosa Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mimosa Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,582 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Second Ward
Cross street: Martin Luther King & Tryon Streets
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were recommended this place by a friend and it did NOT disappoint! We started with the SUMMER KALE CAESAR - white anchovies - frisee - cornbread croutons - pleasant ridge fried local egg ($8). Out of this world!! Next we shared a CHARCUTERIE PLATE that was also delicious ($15 for 5)! The waitress was very knowledgeable on the meats and cheeses and was able to offer suggestions depending on our tastes. As an entree, we had the HICKORY GRILLED COLORADO LAMB with creamed spinach - black bean & corn dumplings sweet and sour rosemary peaches ($30). No room for dessert! :)

Start to finish, everything was delicious. We’d make a point to return here while in CLT.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were in town for business and had eaten here once before. We arrived at 730 for dinner and were not in a rush. The salad was a perfect, light start. Very fresh. I ordered the shrimp and grits and it was so unique and wonderful. There were tomatoes (which is unusual but were absolutely wonderful) that just melted in your mouth, the shrimp were cooked perfectly and the whole dish, memorable. My dining companions both had fish, which they loved as well. Pecan encrusted trout was gone in an instant!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I traveled to Charlotte, NC, for the first time in June 2013 for a weekend getaway. During my trip, I wanted to visit a restaurant that served great southern cuisine. I decided to check out Mimosa Grill and after visiting quickly understood why the name was chosen. They serve excellent drinks and food. I consider three things when choosing a great restaurant and Mimosa Grill redefines all three. First, the food was outstanding. I ordered the grilled pork chops with collard greens and mac&cheese. The entire dish was so delicious. Adding mushrooms to the mac&cheese. was a brilliant idea and very yummy. The atmosphere was great as well. The restaurant wasn’t too casual or too formal. It had just the right ambiance. Mimosa Grill has great décor, very clean, and a nice view of Tyron street. Most importantly, the customer service was awesome. Our waiter knew the menu and made great recommendations about food selection and preparation. I don’t remember his name; however I do remember that he was originally from Buffalo, NY. His customer service played a major role in our decision to stay for drinks. This leads to the best part of my Mimosa Grill experience
Before the Mimosa Grill, I would rate restaurants by food, customer service, and atmosphere. However, as I stated earlier Mimosa Grill redefines my rating scale. Mimosa Grill has the absolute best bartender. I’ve traveled to Europe, Las Vegas, NYC, Miami and any other major U.S. city you can think of and no bartender has every made drinks as well as Derek. He takes libations to a totally unexplainable level. The guy is the Picasso of bartending. I had eight shots and a special strawberry martini he created and I surprisingly didn’t have a hangover the next day. It was the first time someone actually blended the alcohol so smoothly that the various liquors did not clash. If he were located in any of the major markets I previously listed, Derek would be a “Mixologist” rock star. He definitely needs his own lounge or bar. If you ever visit Charlotte, NC please visit Mimosa Grill for the excellent food and awesome drinks.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My friend and I went to brunch at Mimosa Grill this past Sunday and it was delicious! The highlight of our meal was the service, thanks to our wonderful server Justin W. The young man was very polite, professional, and helped my friend make selections from the tapas menu - this was her first time dining there but I'd been once before and to be honest the service I had during my first experience was not as great...but the food is the reason I decided to come back. This time around, it was the food AND the service! If you decide to go there for brunch ask to be seated in Justin W.'s section and you will see what I mean.

**Helpful Hint: They recently changed the brunch menu to no longer include certain beverages, where as before it was included. If you've dined there prior to the change and go again expecting a Coke, tea, etc. to be included in your meal you have been forewarned.**

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The food was very good! The wait staff was very professional and attentive. I had the fried green tomato and heirloom salad - which was awesome. I then had my main meal which was grits with shrimp. It wasn't my favorite shrimp and grits recipe. However, I've eaten this dish a handful of times in New Orleans and nobody usually can beat them. I would go back in a heart beat and wouldn't think twice. Please go if you are staying downtown. It's a farm to table restaurant.