“New location -- bad service and food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College
Charlotte, North Carolina
“New location -- bad service and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I took my wife and mother to the "new" Lavecchias location downtown Charlotte and was actually surprised at how bad it was. I went on their website to look for someone I could send a message to and the ONLY contact person available on their site (by e-mail) was the chef - Michael. I sent him the following e-mail, really hoping to at least get a "we're sorry you didn't like it" note ---- that was a month and a half ago. Guess they think they're just too good to care:

Michael –

Let me start with the positive here – Lavecchias has long been one of our favorite restaurants in the Charlotte area. We often make it “the place to take visiting guests”, to capture the experience of Charlotte.

Last night, Saturday 12/10/11, I brought my wife and mother to your restaurant, which was also my first time at your new location. We had tickets to the Nutcracker at Belks Theatre across the street and thought I would spoil them both a little and have a nice dinner at Levecchias. This was the first time my mother had been to your restaurant.

So the problem really started right from the start. We got to the restaurant early (about 5:15pm) and there were very few people there at all. We had reservations for 5:00, but honestly got behind because of traffic and the inability to turn from Tryon (southbound) onto 5th Street. That said, the gal who seated us was going to seat us at a table and we asked if we could possibly get a booth to be more comfortable (at that time there were two other couples in the entire restaurant). The looks and sigh from the hostess was disturbing. At which point she said “well, let me go see” with attitude and walked away. She sat two other parties --- while we stood there in the middle of the restaurant and finally a waiter came over and said would you like to sit in that booth? Yes we said, and he sat us there. The hostess came by a minute later and said I guess this will work and threw 3 menus on the table. Not a good start.

The REAL problem with our visit though, was the food. Prices went up considerably from your previous location. For three of us I paid just over $180 for the meal. Not that that is outrageous, but for what we got last night it was. My wife and I both ordered the stuffed tilapia. My mother had some Lobster & pasta dish. Although the “presentation” of the Tilapia was very nice, it was overdone (hard on the outside – crunchy actually) and tasted very fishy and the portion size was nothing like I remember from previous visits to your old location. My mother said the bacon bits in her meal were so hard she couldn’t chew them.

I’ve honestly had better seafood at Red Lobster --- but I HATE going there, even though it’s ¼ the price. We came to Lavecchias for the experience, the atmosphere and what should have been an AWSOME dinner.

This time we didn’t get anything close and I thought you, or someone from your business, might be interested.

Best Regards,

I really don't care how good they think they are --- their food was not good, it was WAY more expensive than their old location and the service was terrible. Maybe it was just a bad night, but then it really doesn't matter, we won't be going back soon. And I'll make sure and tell EVERYONE in Charlotte the same!

Drew

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NCWombat

“Remarkable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I love the lowered price menu all food is good and isn't the same like every other Resturant in Charlotte kudos to the chef

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Bean Tulong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Not since it first opened have we tried it with all the new places

Monroe, North Carolina
“Top Quality, Top Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was on expenses when I dined here with the spouse. Not a place to go if you're on a budget. The seafood, drinks and service were excellent as well as the atmosphere.

Clemson, South Carolina
“Great Food, Service, and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

The Sea Bass, Snapper, and Talapia were all prepared well and delicious. The service was friendly, professional, and attentive. The cost was in line with the quality of a great dining experience.

Visited October 2011