“Not worth the money AT ALL!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Latorre's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Latorre's Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: Fourth Ward
Columbia, SC
“Not worth the money AT ALL!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

way over rated restaurant!! the atomsphere is completely lacking, food is mediocre, not even as good as a cheap mexican restuarant....the price is just ridiculous for the slow service and sub-par food.....

Princeton, WV
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

Contrary to many of the recent reviews, my wife and I had a wonderful experience at Latorre's. Appetizers (Empanaditas for me, barbecued pork over corn fritters for her) could have been a little warmer but were delicious. I moved to soup - tasty coconut shrimp bisque - extremely good....my wife had a salad as her next course. The salad was a monstrous plate of fresh greens and hearts of palm with a delicate dressing, big enough for two, beautifully presented and quite fresh. We then moved to the main course....scallops over coconut rice for me, paella for her. The scallops were absolutely out of this world...served with some sweet, fried plantains and again beautifully, artfully plated. My wife really enjoyed the paella. We concluded the meal by splitting a tres leches cake, also amazingly presented and very good.

Service was good at the restaurant, not overly, gushingly friendly, but certainly not rude and generally attentive to our needs. We never lacked for refills on water and there were no undue delays in being seated, having our drink order taken, or ordering or receiving any of the dishes. The meal took about two hours which is an appropriate pace for four courses. We dictated that pace ourselves and could have moved through the meal faster, but we like to enjoy our food.

The wine selection was good and generally affordable. We each ordered by the glass, and I had a good Albarinho and a particularly fragrant, minty Torrontes. Wife had malbec, which was on the sweet side with prominent vanilla bouquet. It was really quite good.

Aptos, CA
“AVOID this place as if it served salmonella!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2009

"Our dining experience at this restaurant was the worst I can remember! We sat for over :15 minutes with no waiter and only after we went to the hostess did the waiter show up.

I ordered what the waiter claimed was their "signature" dish, Paella Latorre. It was served with ice cold mussels and the entire dish was less than warm. I called over the waiter and explained. :15 minutes later he returned with the dish and claimed the chef had "re-heated" it. While the plate was hot the food was still tepid. I called the waiter over again and told him. He argued that he "saw" the chef reheat the food. By this time, my business associate had almost completed his meal so I ate as much as I could and left about 1/3.

We told the waiter that we expected the restaurant to do something about the check. He returned with the credit card receipt and said there was nothing he could do. We called the manager to the table and he refused to see our point and said there was nothing he WOULD do.

The following week I contacted Blerim Meta, the General Manager of this restaurant as well as "Aquavina". He has also refused to do anything and also refused to apologize for the terrible experience.

AVOID THIS RESTAURANT!! AVOID AQUAVINA!!"

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“food good, used to be a...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2008

food good, used to be a great place to go salsa dancing, changed quite a bit in the last few years.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“delicious scallops. They...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

delicious scallops. They use great Spanish olive oil for dipping bread.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook