“Excellent, real japanese”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

At least once a year I spend a week in Charlotte for business and Musashi is always on my MUST GO list: it's hard to find a place with such a great food quality!! I can not go back to Italy without having eaten their baby crabs!

There are newer reviews for Musashi Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 30 December 2013

this is a tucked away, family restaurant where you stand a good chance of being a minority if you are non-Asian! :) Just order the special of the day and you won't be disappointed. This is not Americanized Japanese food, but authentic, fresh with wonderful sushi...very, very good.

1  Thank Bradylteague
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I can’t believe the comments from some people but I guess there’s always a grumpy person visiting places at the wrong time to spoil others visit.

My wife and I are Musashi regulars and I personally been visiting the restaurant since 2000 and the food has always been consistently great. We are treated like family by Mishiko and Munta and they always addresses us by our names.

The Sushi Chef is very good and they are not shy with the portions. We love the Bento boxes but the Tonkatsu and soups are worth the try.

They have a big amount of loyal Japanese which is a good sign that traditional Japanese food is serve there.

Highly recommended, trust me!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very simple "mom and pop" kind of restaurant with very authentic Japanese food. Nothing flashy or novel - just consistently excellent traditional Japanese food.

Whenever I visit, it's mostly Asian customers (this is an uncommon sight in Charlotte, NC) - what more can I say?

Reviewed 7 February 2013

The atmosphere is friendly and makes you think of Japan. Each time we went, we were greeted in a friendly way and told to sit anywhere. We have had the gyoza, tonkatsu ramen, and the tonkatsu bento box. Everything was better than expected - so fresh and tender! The miso soup is perfect. I can't wait to go back and try the river eel over rice! Very authentic and delicious. Don't miss out on this place!