“Nice Dim Sum place”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Nice Dim Sum place”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is one of the few restaurant serves real Hong Kong style Dim Sum (Yamcha) for lunch. The variation of dishes are fair and enough. And quality is also good. If you like, go on Saturday, so you can get to be seated easier.

• Visited September 2013
Thank Nobutyuki.Hatanaka

“Sunday Dim Sum”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant, and it's sister restaurant Dragon Court, are good dim sum restaurants.
We came on a Sunday which, in my U.S. dim sum experience, is typically the busiest time and it was. Everything we ordered that's meant to be at temp was at temp. One dish I ordered and have had in the Canton region was the lotus wrapped sticky rice. Here, it was perfect and reminded me of being in China!
Our wait staff was also very friendly and made our dining experience quite enjoyable.

Pros:
-Location
-Price
-Friendly
-Parking

Cons:
-Location. If you don't pay attention you can drive past it.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Chef D
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Shiu mai dumplings tasted like they were days old...”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

So I use to eat here quite frequently but stopped since my palete has since expanded. So we went here today for a quickly. And we ordered the shiu mai which was a shrimp dumpling. Which is typically one of their best dishes. Let me tell you something, it sucked.... badly. Because you could tell it was not fresh. It looked like something they had previous steamed and it was left over that was resteemed. Second, the rest of their dumpling was just aokay. I order the fried crispy rice noodle crepe. And it eventually never made it out. The manager apologized profusely, which was very kind of her. But nonetheless it doesn't makeup for less than average dim sum. The weird thing is on the weekends, I feel like it tastes better because it is more fresh. And another pet peeve of mine is when the food comes out at different times. They literally brought the dish out one by one, with a freaking 5 minute interval in between.

• Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great dim sum, accidental find on a vacation trip!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Our family was visiting Charlotte and I had an enormous craving for dim sum. Especially since the dim sum offerings in Pittsburgh leave quite a bit to be desired.

We stopped in on a weekday for lunch so that means that you can have dim sum if you want, but you have to order off a menu instead of picking off a steam cart. The steam cart and the delicious desserts are for the weekends only. Darn.

However, even though we had to order off the menu, everything ... and I mean EVERYTHING ... we ordered was delicious. Not one clunker amongst the bunch.

So, here's what we ordered:

Siu Mai (pork and shrimp dumplings, steamed)
Stuffed bean curd (fried tofu with shrimp)
Pork bun (steamed)
Sharkfin dumpling - perfect
Fried dumpling - also perfect
Spring roll (chicken) - yep, perfect
Sesame ball - my kids loved this

Again, everything we ordered was excellent and the service was quite attentive and cheerful. Our pre-tip total came to $32 for our family of 4.

I wish I lived closer to this little gem of a place. But for tourists who ended up here thanks to Yelp, this was a highlight for me on this trip!

Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Dim Sum as Good as in Boston, New York or London!”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We have lived in NY, & Boston and have been a fan of Dim Sum for almost 40 years! We have sampled it throughout the USA and in some foreign countries including Hong Kong (now part of China)...This restaurant has great dim sum... not greasy, not overcooked, great service, and a wide selection. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and they are very accommodating. They serve dim sum all day, but also have a regular menu (however we have only tried a few items on their regular menu.... we go because of the dim sum :). They even celebrate Chinese New Year with a very cool performance (check with them for the date in February).

• Visited December 2012