“Finally found it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Finally found it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We used to join a group of people each month for Dim Sum in Cleveland but had not found a place to continue that tradition since moving to Fort Mill, SC almost six years ago.
A few weeks ago I was lamenting this to a friend who told me about Dim Sum Restaurant on Central Ave. I gathered together a small group to try it out last Sunday. While my friend warned me to be patient as Sunday is their busiest day, we found the atmosphere to be lively and the service quite prompt. The food was all delicious and we even tried some new things that they didn't have in Ohio. The staff was cordial, helpful, efficient and very friendly. A lot more of them spoke English than the staff in Ohio, so that helped us a lot.
There were six of us and we ate as if the world was coming to an end. The final tally was just $84. Adding in the tip each person enjoyed a huge meal for a little over $15 each.
Next time there will be more people joining us, for sure!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Where2gogal

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Real Chinese Food in the South”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've eaten in the Chinatown districts in lower New York City and San Fransico, and if you want the real thing in Charlotte, go to this Central Avenue restaurant..
Besides authentic dishes, they specialize in Dim Sum (hearts delight). Thiese delicicies are available all week, but on the weekends, all day, they are served via attended wheeled srevers, in bamboo or metal steamers,, so you can pick your choice(s).
Highly recommend taro shrimp cakes, crab potstickers, and all others that meet your fancy.
Also recommended is the large bowl of wonton soup, with just wontons & bok choy. The best I tasted.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank jjwoolf
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Nice Dim Sum place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is one of the few restaurant serves real Hong Kong style Dim Sum (Yamcha) for lunch. The variation of dishes are fair and enough. And quality is also good. If you like, go on Saturday, so you can get to be seated easier.

• Visited September 2013
Thank Nobutyuki.Hatanaka
“Sunday Dim Sum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant, and it's sister restaurant Dragon Court, are good dim sum restaurants.
We came on a Sunday which, in my U.S. dim sum experience, is typically the busiest time and it was. Everything we ordered that's meant to be at temp was at temp. One dish I ordered and have had in the Canton region was the lotus wrapped sticky rice. Here, it was perfect and reminded me of being in China!
Our wait staff was also very friendly and made our dining experience quite enjoyable.

Pros:
-Location
-Price
-Friendly
-Parking

Cons:
-Location. If you don't pay attention you can drive past it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chef D
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Shiu mai dumplings tasted like they were days old...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

So I use to eat here quite frequently but stopped since my palete has since expanded. So we went here today for a quickly. And we ordered the shiu mai which was a shrimp dumpling. Which is typically one of their best dishes. Let me tell you something, it sucked.... badly. Because you could tell it was not fresh. It looked like something they had previous steamed and it was left over that was resteemed. Second, the rest of their dumpling was just aokay. I order the fried crispy rice noodle crepe. And it eventually never made it out. The manager apologized profusely, which was very kind of her. But nonetheless it doesn't makeup for less than average dim sum. The weird thing is on the weekends, I feel like it tastes better because it is more fresh. And another pet peeve of mine is when the food comes out at different times. They literally brought the dish out one by one, with a freaking 5 minute interval in between.

• Visited June 2013