“Super Authentic - I am told”
Review of Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have never been to China - but I am told this is very near to authentic. Several things on the menu that I had NEVER even imagined. The pork rolls are fabulous.

There are newer reviews for Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Creds: from San Francisco and love City View, Ton Kiang, King Wah…

Completely serviceable dim sum and good authentic menu executions.

I ignored the "Merkin'ized" menu, which is easy - they call out what's authentic and what's for the white-bread and pickles crowd.

We were stoked. A little doughy on the dumpling wrappers, but seriously well made, great flavors.

If you're an ex-pat from a town with serious asian food and need a fix, this'll do it.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

real old time chinese food. the restaurant looks like a throw back to the sixties. I am not a big dim sum fan. My friends are and they loved it. I had the best fried rice i ever eaten. The service is very good and the help is as nice as they can be.

If you like chinese , try it you will love it

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We used to join a group of people each month for Dim Sum in Cleveland but had not found a place to continue that tradition since moving to Fort Mill, SC almost six years ago.
A few weeks ago I was lamenting this to a friend who told me about Dim Sum Restaurant on Central Ave. I gathered together a small group to try it out last Sunday. While my friend warned me to be patient as Sunday is their busiest day, we found the atmosphere to be lively and the service quite prompt. The food was all delicious and we even tried some new things that they didn't have in Ohio. The staff was cordial, helpful, efficient and very friendly. A lot more of them spoke English than the staff in Ohio, so that helped us a lot.
There were six of us and we ate as if the world was coming to an end. The final tally was just $84. Adding in the tip each person enjoyed a huge meal for a little over $15 each.
Next time there will be more people joining us, for sure!

2  Thank Where2gogal
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've eaten in the Chinatown districts in lower New York City and San Fransico, and if you want the real thing in Charlotte, go to this Central Avenue restaurant..
Besides authentic dishes, they specialize in Dim Sum (hearts delight). Thiese delicicies are available all week, but on the weekends, all day, they are served via attended wheeled srevers, in bamboo or metal steamers,, so you can pick your choice(s).
Highly recommend taro shrimp cakes, crab potstickers, and all others that meet your fancy.
Also recommended is the large bowl of wonton soup, with just wontons & bok choy. The best I tasted.

1  Thank jjwoolf