“Not amazing but good!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

OK. There can be some language barriers. Yes they clean the table tops before closing time but the place is clean. The menu is varied and the owners are on site. The food has been consistently good for nearly thirty years. We've tried almost everything they prepare with very few bad experiences. I'd say 90 to 95 out of 100 have been tasty, fresh and authentic. Hard to be any better!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Hint - if you go to any restaurant in Charlotte at 7:30 on a Saturady night and it is nearly empty, turn around and leave, because the food is probably terrible. I failed to heed my own advise on this particular evening and lived to regret it. The tea they brought was murky and had a "stale" taste - it was so bad that we actually asked for a different kind of hot tea and were told they had nothing else - a Chinese restaurant that only serves one kind of tea? Really? I ordered the lemon chicken - the chicken filets were breaded in a soggy non-descript coating that had no taste and were so tough that I had to saw them apart. The "lemon sauce" tasted like the tin can it must have come out of. Seaweed salad was acceeptible, but overpriced at $3.99 for about 1/4 cup of salad. We were there at 7:30 and the restaurant hours were stated to be "open until 11". That didn't stop them from cleraning up all the tables, even ours, at 8 PM - even though we were still eating, they took the salt, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, everything off the table - and why not? By this time, the restaurant was completely empty except for us - I cannot recommend this place to anyone, and I certainly won't be going back there again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

this was my first visit to shun lee palance, chinese restaurant very close to where residence. went with my wife and little kid. they have plenty of place to accomodate guests, nice ambience. we order hibachi chicken dinner , vegetable roll ( wife is vegetarian), steam shrimp dumplings, sesame tofu. hibachi dinner comes with rice , vegetable and meat choice along with a soup. we also order vegetable soup and egg drop soup. steam shirp was average but hibachi chicken and sesame tofu was very good, liked the soups too. overall good restaurant for chinese food. they do have bar with drink options. service was quite fast, owner is nice. not very costly as well, our bill was 30$.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is a "better than most" Chinese reastaurant that offers a nice variety of dishes. Reminds me somewhat of better Chinese restaurants in NY.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Always good you know what to expect and it is always delivered here. Nothing exceptional just very good Chinese food.

1  Thank rsdeacon