“BEST PLACE FOR SHRIMP”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Dilworth
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The only place in Charlotte for hoof seafood at a good price. Great beer specials. Nice bar tenders.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Had dinner here with a group of friends of 7/2. My husband wanted seafood, and another online reviewing site gave this place high marks. So we decided to have dinner here. This place is not that good at all. It's not the worst place I've ever been, but I wouldn't go back and I wouldn't recommend to anyone. My husband ordered the seafood platter. It came with steamed oysters, clams, shrimp and crab legs. His meal smelled really fishy to my. He ate all of it, but said it wasn't that great. I ordered a fish sandwich with fries. The filet was mushy and paper thin. The tartar sauce was good and the fries were pretty good too. The service was okay, but the servers didn't appear to enjoy their job. There were about 5 other tables during the visit on a Saturday night, which isn't a whole lot of business for someplace that is supposed to get high marks from other online reviewers from another website. I thought the place also had a foul smell upon entering the restaurant.

Reviewed 13 October 2010

I've been to Vinnie's twice now in the past few weeks to meet some friends for the Tuesday night trivia. I didn't really go to do much eating or drinking, but I tried a few of the appetizers some friends ordered for the table. Everything was deep fried, greasy and served with a side of ranch, which isn't all that different from a lot of southern food. But it really wasn't anything spectacular. I did try a couple french fries and they weren't all that great either. The worst part was the service though. Our waitress would come back two or three times asking us again what we ordered, then still take forever to bring over a bottle or two of beer. I really don't like to say mean things about people I don't really know, but our waitress just didn't seem too bright. I can understand when it's really busy, but it was barely moderately busy those nights. Plus she would try and talk to us while questions were being read for trivia, that's a big no no.

Reviewed 5 May 2010

OK, our 25 Yr old daughter wanted to take us here for the clams on 05/01/10. Upon arriving, I got a bad feeling. When we sat down, another group 3 guys and 2 girls sat near. They ordered two pails of bottled beer. I haven't seen it all and this added to my experience. One guy, we guess was their leader, drank from two beer bottles at once. I wish I had my camera to take a photo. Kind of your average NASCAR, Southern Hick right in front of us. Yelling he F'd so and so last week. He wanted the waitress to lap dance on him. It was time to cancel our order and leave. This was a real low class place and I would advise to avoid it. Management just let things continue to sell their $2.50 bottled beer.

Reviewed 2 February 2009

Great food but this location for Vinnie's is the smallest.