“Terrific Pad Thai”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I lived in Charlotte many, many years and always enjoyed Bangkok Ocha when I wanted to eat Thai Cuisine. It is a small cozy place, and all the staff seem to enjoy their jobs. Very friendly. The past six years I have lived out of the state and searched for Pad Thai that equals Bangkok Ocha. Have not found it and while back in Charlotte this week I made a special trip there to see if my memory was correct. I'm delighted to say that everything is the same. The Pad Thai is just as I remember, the very best, and the wait staff are the same as well. At lunch, iced tea and soup come with each meal. Terrific lunch and a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food was great but my dad had asked for a iced tea the same for my brother and and manger was just making it after we ordered our drinks, if you need a refill it WILL cost you. The place smelled like dogs and there was no one there!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We eat here at least once a month. It is not a restaurant with a big name or a fancy space, but the food is the best Thai that we have been able to find in Charlotte for the last 8 years. The ginger dishes are delicious. Often the place will be close to empty, so you don't need a reservation. Used to be really busy at lunch, but since the offices have closed in the area, not too many people around for lunch, I guess. The wines are reasonable prices. The service is excellent. My son loves the pad thai here. I love the shrimp/scallop special. Plenty of rice. Would sure like to see this place stay in business.

1  Thank DBoulevard
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and the food is always very good. The service is somewhat slow at lunch if you arrive after many other people are already there. They prepare each dish as the order is taken and if there are 20 other orders before yours it will be a while before you are served. With that said they always start with a bowl of soup and that usually arrives almost immediately. We have eaten at most of the Thai restaurants in Charlotte and we find ourselves going back here more than any other. Prices are very reasonable. Have eaten here for dinner only a few times and we find it to be a great place for the two of us to have a cozy dinner without a lot of distractions.

1  Thank bluelu1951
Reviewed 6 January 2013

If you want GREAT THAI food in Charlotte this is the place to go. I order a Green Curry chuchie which is not on the menu. I ask Vegetables and Shrimp usually. They don't use as much coconut milk so its hotter in a chuchie. Also helps reduce sugars for me. Outstanding

1  Thank Richard N