“Just an Average Pizza Joint”
Review of Fuel Pizza Cafe

Fuel Pizza Cafe
Ranked #223 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Second Ward
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch while at a conference at the convention center. Not impressed at all! Pizza was average at best and not as good as some frozen pizzas I have eaten. I got the slice and wings. The boneless wings were definatley frozen and not prepared fresh. Decor is old gas station items and some NASCAR stuff..I would recommend trying some of theany other places near the Epi Centre a block away!!!

There are newer reviews for Fuel Pizza Cafe

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Took my 4 year old grandson here for his birthday while on a day trip to nearby Discovery Place. The food was not the best we've ever had. $43.50 to feed five was kind of expected, but for that money I expected cheese on the pizza, and something besides dry meat and cheese on the Hot Subs. The waitress who went out of her way to correct the order they first brought out was great, brought the missing items quickly, and even gave my grandson a birthday cookie, and we appreciated her efforts, but won't be eating here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This cute little restaurant served me a delicious calzone. The employees were pleasant, friendly, and attentive.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was at a conference across the street stopped in for a pizza slice for lunch. The pizza was good. The price was good. Service was friendly. Would return again and again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I walked from the convention center across the street to check out the pizza at Fuel. The decor was very Americana, which was a nice touch. The service was fine, nothing spectacular. I decided to eat the Taco Pizza. The wait was decent for a pie, 15 minutes. The pizza was pretty tough to eat as the toppings kept falling off every time I tried to eat a slice. I probably should have went with a more traditional pizza. The taste was good, not great (the chicken on the pizza was nothing to write home about.) All-in-all an okay experience, but I have had better. One plus is that they did have Cheerwine (which is some kind-of local soda that tastes like a Cherry Dr. Pepper) in the fountain drinks, which was pretty tasty.