“Best of Charlotte”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This restaurant is my favorite restaurant in Charlotte and has been for several years. Small and intimate, the food is innovative and delicious and the service is efficient, friendly and fun. The combination of all make for a very enjoyable dining experience.

1  Thank Travel4FunNC

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Being from France we tend to be difficult about food: Barrington did not fail us.
We enjoyed every dish we tried. It was our 16th anniversary and we did not regret it.
The place was full and tables are a bit close but we could talk without raising the voice which helped our romantic evening. We' ll be back.
Note: Restaurant is calling you back to tell you if your reservation is accepted.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Barringtons is our favorite Charlotte restaurant, hands down. We have visited over ten times and have always left smiling - the food, atmosphere and service (I'd really call it hospitality) are exceptional. Bruce and his team have built an incredible restaurant success at Barringtons.

The restaurant is very small - can't be more than 12 tables. I really like the intimacy. The lighting is always just right. The small bar area is great to have a drink before sitting for dinner. Wait service is very good - not stuffy, but a certain casual confidence from the staff. They are always well versed on the menu and glad to provide an honest recommendation.

The thoughtful menu is seasonal, with wonderfully executed dishes. I really like that the menu is not too large. You can tell that the kitchen staff wants to execute the dishes perfectly rather than water down the menu with with too many selections. My wife is partial to the fish, always a winner. I prefer the lamb, spectacular. In our many visits, we have consistently been thrilled with the quality of the meals.

Given the quality of the meal and experience at Barringtons, I think the prices are reasonable. Bruce has also done a tremendous job with his other restaurant in Charlotte - Good Food on Montford. We also look forward to trying their new Italian place - Stagiani's.

Bravo, Barringtons!!! We will be back soon...

1  Thank JTraveler28
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We would have NEVER gone here if it were not for TripAdvisor. Never would have found it, or considered it in a million years. So how was it? WOW! Wonderful. And this is from somebody traveling across North America and Europe for over 30 years. Not huge in size, but would go back again. You will love experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Barringtons for years and it is still our favorite restaurant in town. Bruce and his team are like family and the food is world class. For a special occasion, special client or just a Tuesday night out on the town, Barrington's cannot be beat.