“great Greek”

Mad Greek Cafe
Ranked #273 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Madison Park
Atlanta,Georgia,USA
“great Greek”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Love Greek food, been to Greece so know what the real thing tastes like. Other reviews have mentioned the outside, I agree, but you can't always tell a book by its cover. My husband and I were the only customers the entire dinner. When we arrived the waitress seated us, the tv was yes, on Athens, Greece news. The owner, I presume the Mad Greek, came by our table as we looking at the menu and suggested the mackeral. We both had traditional Greek combos. We were both full and satisfied after the meal, in fact, we left food on our plates. Would definitely recommend

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Miser

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“It's shabby on the outside, but good for a Greek fix in Charlotte.”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I love Greek food and eat it anywhere I go. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of choices in Charlotte for good Greek. The Mad Greek's food is really good. The cheeseburger pita was good, but not particularly memorable. However, the moussaka was fantastic. The gyro was flavorful and left me eagerly licking lamb juice and tzatziki off fingers. And, the grape leaves should not be missed. All that said, before going prepare yourself to dine a less than desirable building. The outside is dingy...the inside is dingy...and the whole place just doesn't seem like they could serve the great food that they do. It is, however, good. Look past the building and enjoy! Prices are very reasonable (lunches for less than $10 a person and dinner for less than $15). Service is friendly and fast. We waited less than ten minutes from ordering to being served.

• Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The very best, freshest authentic Greek food....”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I dined at The Mad Greek restaurant again last night and it was superb! I had freshly caught red snapper cooked over charcoal, and served nestled on a bed of fresh garden greens seasoned with lemon and olive oil. The greens were cooked to tender perfection and the fish was grilled absolutely perfectly - tender, flaky, with buttery smoothness. My husband had the wonderful beef/lamb gyro dinner with the best tzatziki sauce I've ever tasted. A large fresh pan of Pastitsio had just come out of the oven, and was the best I've ever tasted (I sampled a bite). My husband's dinner with all the trimmings was under $10 and my fish was only a couple dollars more. The service was impeccable - friendly and prompt. We will be returning often to The Mad Greek during the months we are in Charlotte.

• Visited July 2012
Emerald Isle, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Maybe the best restaurant in Charlotte !”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Visiting in Charlotte this weekend and ventured out to find dinner. We drove down three long roads, and landed at the Mad Greek Cafe. Lucky us! Do not judge this place by it's outside cover. The food was fresh and delicious. The chef came out and told us the things he made today, and each one was perfect. He sent out a sample of a vegetable that was so good, even my children ate it! We were so full, and decided to take dessert back to our hotel. Service was EXCELLENT, very personable, and each recommendation was right on target. If you come to Charlotte and do not make time to eat at the Mad Greek Cafe, you are missing out on the best meal you will have had in a long time.

• Visited July 2012
North Augusta, South Carolina
“The grape leaves were awesome.”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The portions were huge and the price reasonable. Can say one bad thing about the service. The decor might leave something to be desired, but I go to places for the food, not the atmosphere.

Visited December 2011