“Really great place to eat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #361 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good food, reasonable prices, great service, average ambiance, but all things considered I really like to eat here. It is tucked away in the Strawberry Hills Shopping Center which is a good thing because otherwise it would be difficult to get a seat. Great choice for lunch or dinner.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank bluelu1951

North Carolina
“Insipid Thai”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Well I really wanted to like this place. It's close to home and an acquaintance ran it until recently. From what I've been told it was the first Thai place in town. But that was then and this is now and tastes have changed.
I have eaten Thai in several countries (including Thailand) and cook my own so have a good point of reference. The decor is nice the the service is good -- the place is run, after all, by Thais. But the food.....well, if you love Asian like I do, frankly it's boring. The Mee Krob is awful, not other way to describe it. The stir-frys are OK. The fish IS good. I've been told if I want to have something really Thai, like wing-bean salad, I can call ahead and ask the chef to make it, but my experiences here (I've been twice) have encouraged me to look elsewhere and I suggest you do too.

Visited July 2012
“Best Thai in Charlotte”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We live in walking distance so I may be a little jaded on "Best in Charlotte" but it is darn good food with the same staff for many many years. Nudi the former owner has left to operate a B&B in Thailand last year and I must say the food is still great. Closed on Sundays.

• Visited February 2013
“Wonderful Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We have eaten at numerous Thai restaurants in Charlotte. We just had lunch and found our new favorite Thai place. The food was delicious and we were served very quickly. We each chose an item from the lunch menu and were very pleased with our selections. We will be returning for dinner soon. I did notice that they had a nice selection of reasonably priced wine to choose from for dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Charlotte NC
“Nice Atmosphere/Good Food for a Casual Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

There are Thai restaurants with equally good food that are closer to my house, but this is my choice when meeting friends from other parts of town as it is in a good central location. This is a small family restauraunt and the owner is usually on site to welcome you back. In my experience, the wait staff has been pretty knowledgeable about making recommendations. The food is good, but not outstanding.

• Visited March 2012