“Best Thai in Charlotte”

Good for: Groups
Florida
“Best Thai in Charlotte”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I have been going to Thai Orchard since they opened, almost 20 years. Every dish I have had has been good, some I like better than others, but am never disappointed.

The grilled chicken is my favorite and the steamed dumpling are wonderful, The Ma Grab is also a great dish.

The prices are still from the 1990's

Service is very good and is a family owned place. Enjoy.

North Carolina
“Best Thai in Charlotte...so far”
Reviewed 10 May 2009

This was our third Thai restaurant in Charlotte since we moved. It's the best we've had yet. The spring rolls seemed frozen and not homemade although they were tasty. The quality of the chicken was pretty good, but I was disappointed that both my husband and I asked for our food "Thai hot" and it wasn't nearly as spicy as I would have liked.

I would go back, but I would like to try some other restaurants first.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“So-So”
Reviewed 28 February 2007

I was disappointed by Thai Orchid.

The food was okay - we had the shrimp pad thai and green curried chicken. The Pad Thai was probably one of the worst that I have had (noodles overcooked and tough) but the chicken curry was pretty good. The Tom Yum soups were also good.

The restaurant was empty at 7pm on a Tuesday night except for the staff's children running around the place.

The server was strange and came across as very fake and spoke very loudly even though it was quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

They also don't have regular soft drinks - only cans. Not a big deal at all...but just odd and it means that you can't get refills.

This place used to have a great reputation but it has obviously gone downhill recently.

From now on when I want Thai food, I will go to Thai Taste in East Blvd. The food, service, and decor is much better.

1 Thank FreqTrav3328331
A TripAdvisor Member
“An All Around Wonderful Place!”
Reviewed 24 March 2005

I have been to Thai Orchid about 4 times now. This is a great place. the food is delicious and you must try the custard rice dessert. its a quaint, cultural and romantic place to dine. the staff are in beautiful traditional, colorful dress and are very accomodating and friendly. this is a lovely place for a date. its location is in a small, upscale outside "mall" with other small eateries and shops including a nice Fresh Market on the corner.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member